• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Incredible Hulk
3 3

321 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2022 at 10:05 AM, sagii said:

Being that Wrightson is so associated with Swamp Thing, it's amazing the one work for the competitions swamp monster isn't a higher profile book. 

Are you meaning that swamp thing is competitive? In that it isn't the "1st ever swampy, or is it that he takes his response to act against the hulk? (In a swamp?)

I forget some of these reads, even if I'm not as familiar in spirit. Things take down a notch on there own sometimes lol

Writing that wrightson does is a better fit, in that I enjoy the spirit of life he brings in art.

I've seen competitive attitude, but was wondering specifics or details. They may have nothing to do with what you meant actually :shy:

Hulk isn't always a gentle giant.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are you meaning that swamp thing is competitive? In that it isn't the "1st ever swampy, or is it that he takes his response to act against the hulk? (In a swamp?)

Yes, that Man Thing is Marvels 'swamp thing. I know outside of comics, Swamp Thing is way bigger, but as a kid i always saw them as 'rivals' through competitive publishers.

His Swamp Thing work is classic and highly collected. I think this book is special in that it's the one cover work he did on the competitions monster

On 1/31/2022 at 10:17 AM, sagii said:

Yes, that Man Thing is Marvels 'swamp thing. I know outside of comics, Swamp Thing is way bigger, but as a kid i always saw them as 'rivals' through competitive publishers.

His Swamp Thing work is classic and highly collected. I think this book is special in that it's the one cover work he did on the competitions monster

Indeed. Even of swamp thing, I haven't read much. Man-thing would be a better competition. As for me the reads are more suitable. 45 pm record reads, and the Savage Tales #1 is all I have for show. Still reading back it is an inspiring bit of imagination on Wrightson's part. It's a swamp! Man eater, or Swamp Thing lol it's par for the course. :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM