• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1993 goldenage comic con vids. Back when you could eat chicken wings in the CC Metropolis booth.
4 4

73 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Changer said:

wow ... those wall books !!

I remember when Fishler had ads in the CBG and answered the phone himself. Talk about a success story. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

this was early 90s, not sure exact year, '91,'92. but the footage is from a video that overstreet put out that year, I have a copy. although, only a small portion of what is presented here is actually in the video, this is the first time I'm seeing the complete unedited video that was taken. love the discussion of the "dot" v.s. "no dot" on the Batman #1s. and those estimated prices. whoo boy!!!

1 hour ago, Changer said:

wow ... those wall books !!

What wall books..........I only see "hands on" books.  lol

I'll take them all now at the prices which they are quoting.  :takeit:

Absolutely love the close up shot and superb condition of the super rare and truly HTF New Book of Comis #1.  :cloud9:

Looks like this was well before CGC and even before Vinnie joined Metro, especially when they mentioned getting pictures back from the phot lab.  I would assume it must be from sometime around the early to mid-90's since that was when Robert Rogovin and Fishler were working quite close together.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

It’s a shame they are eating chicken wings without hot sauce :screwy:

Rogovin sold me my first FF1 in 1995. Rob loved silver age Flash back in the day. 

Edited by Primetime