• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1993 goldenage comic con vids. Back when you could eat chicken wings in the CC Metropolis booth.
4 4

73 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Hate swimming upstream, but I liked Roter. Never met him in person, but together we bought an Action 1 for $8200 in 1994 and sold it a few months later for $20k.

Do you now wish that out of all of the books that you have had, that this would be the single one that you had kept to this point in time?  hm  :flipbait:

12 hours ago, David Armstrong said:

Yes, that's me in the video with Steve Fishler and Rob Rogovin.  The show was the '93 show in Philadelphia - can't remember the name of the show, but I know I have a program from it somewhere.  The booth was Rob's Four Color booth.  Fishler decided to come to Philadelphia at the last minute - after Rob and I had set up.  They were partners in several deals at that point in time.  I have some pictures of both of them in the Batmobile and will find them to post. 

Welcome to the Boards. Where you been all this time?

On 5/2/2020 at 4:55 AM, Knightsofold said:

minute 14:42 'one (NM) just sold for 50K'

could it be the CGC 9.2 graded copy ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 5/3/2020 at 1:36 AM, lou_fine said:

My better half was surprised that Fishler was so cavalier with these expensive keys as he was just whipping them out of the holders without paying too much attention to them at all while talking to you at the same time, as though they were just your regular worthless new books that had just come out last week.  :whatthe:

Especially in comparison to Robert Roter from PCE which my kids found rather funny as he would slowly put on his pair of white gloves on

I remember going to Metro’s office to look at some books in the mid 2000s.

I’d put my hand in my pocket to pull out my wants list when Fishler exclaimed that he was about to abuse me for pulling out gloves to wear.

28 minutes ago, 1koko said:

I remember going to Metro’s office to look at some books in the mid 2000s.

I’d put my hand in my pocket to pull out my wants list when Fishler exclaimed that he was about to abuse me for pulling out gloves to wear.

George :hi: