• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think..NON-DISCLOSED big piece of tape on cover I missed
2 2

43 posts in this topic

NOTE: I was "fortunate" enough to return this book(Shipped back on MY dime :mad:),Im THRILLED to get almost all my money back,but wtf..???

I recently made an offer on what LOOKED to be a REALLY nice raw Tales to Astonish 62,first appearance of the Leader..The pictures were ok,not top notch,,BUT,I apparently missed this HUGE piece of flat tape on the cover..

It was NOT disclosed in any part of the description..nothing was BUT book was priced accordingly(As it had NO tape on the cover)

The seller has great feedback,BUT in my opinion didnt care,because once boo is actually in HAND you can see the tape(It even took me a second in good light)

I usually TRY to stay away from buying off ebay as it has gotten INCREASINGLY like this..

Seller NEVER even apologized for it and made it seem like I was a hassle..and tried to play the "sympathy card" with me

buster64marx sent you a message about your request:

Hello, I have received your request for a refund. I am willing to accept a return and refund the price of the item, however I won't refund the cost of shipping. The shipping cost includes the cost to ship to you as well as the cost to return the item. After speaking with eBay, they have informed me that there are no errors with my listing. I am not a big business, but just someone trying to pay their bills during these trying times and I am not willing to eat the cost of shipping. Thanks.

My QUESTION to you CGC forum viewers is.."After speaking with eBay, they have informed me that there are no errors with my listing"

Do YOU think there was anything wrong with the listing?I though that all major flaws on ANY item should be disclosed; clothes with rips,glass with chips,missing parts pieces,etc..............Thanks everyone!Jeff

20200425_144538.jpg

1 minute ago, buttock said:

Tape's pretty obvious.  You should be happy you got to return it. 

In MY photo..yes.?Those pictures are mine

Are you saying that you wouldnt say basically "awesome book,except for big piece of tape on F/C?'

Edited by bikesnbuses

2 minutes ago, Foley said:

It would help people form an opinion if you included the seller's pictures from the original listing.

Sorry,I did post the link to the auction(Its not large/standing ou) heres a few.>>KEEP IN MIND,now that I pasted this photo,ebay pics are about 1/3 this size!yikes!:nyah:Thanks everyone,Jeff

I understand for assuming=paying the price in the long run..I just get tired assuming everyones like me,or the people on here(Whom Ive bought ALOT of books from and NEVER had problemsand would disclose major flaws )s-l1600.jpg

Edited by bikesnbuses

This guy has sold way too many books to make a novice mistake like not mentioning tape.  Of course it's coming back what did he expect?

1 minute ago, bikesnbuses said:

Sorry,I did post the link to the auction(Its not large/standing ou) heres a few.>>KEEP IN MIND,now that I pasted this photo,ebay pics are about 1/3 this size!yikes!:nyah:Thanks everyone,Jeff

Ah thanks, I didn't see the link in your second post.

I agree it should have been disclosed. I can see it in the seller's image, but that's probably because I know it's there already. I probably would have missed it as well, especially given the image would have been smaller (like you mentioned.)

Given what the book sold for ($150 although cant tell if best offer was lower) and the going price for let's say 4.0s ($50-$60) the tape should have been disclosed as it is not very apparent in the listing photograph. Can someone remind me the website for eBay BIN best offer actual sales prices?  

Edited by ThothAmon

7 minutes ago, kav said:

This absolutely should have been mentioned in listing.  I would do that with a $5 book much less a $150 book.  "Small piece of tape over wasp's legs"
Not obvious at all to me in listing pics.

I guess thats why Im spoiled from buying on here...:banana:

Thanks again everyone,have a great weekend..or try to,,

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Given what the book sold for ($150 although cant tell if best offer was lower) and the going price for let's say 4.0s ($50-$60) the tape should have been disclosed as it is not very apparent in the listing photograph. Can someone remind me the website for eBay BIN best offer actual sales prices?  

There IS such a thing??? Cool! Jon, you made my day!

http://www.watchcount.com/ is one site that lets you see them

I thought that site didn't work anymore?

9 minutes ago, kav said:

watchcount does not work any more.

It seems to work for me? It just links to ebay's final sale price page now instead of including it on their website. I think anyone can use the eBay API to look up final sale prices though.

http://www.watchcount.com/go/?cid=ilu-bosfp-233534324215-&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItemVersion%26item%3D233534324215

Edited by OdinsSecrets

6 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:

It seems to work for me? It just links to ebay's final sale price page now instead of including it on their website. I think anyone can use the eBay API to look up final sale prices though.

http://www.watchcount.com/go/?cid=ilu-bosfp-233534324215-&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItemVersion%26item%3D233534324215

For me it shows sold for 150-and i dont believe that is correct as it is the asking price.