• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS has a new nickname.
3 3

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I got a package from him that took about a month. He did everything right and is a straight up boardie. Tracking wouldn’t tell me anything other than “in route”. About once a week it would say the same with a newer date. I got it eventually and was real happy with my purchase!

Oh yeah he's a great seller and did everything right, just working it's way through the system.

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I got a package from him that took about a month. He did everything right and is a straight up boardie. Tracking wouldn’t tell me anything other than “in route”. About once a week it would say the same with a newer date. I got it eventually and was real happy with my purchase!

Wait for it since April 17th.  That package is still at Chicago distribution since April 25th.  Only 18 miles away from my home.

My package left Northern Michigan on April 7th and made it to Chicago today (May 5).  It will probably arrive in Canada in another month or so... lol

On 5/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, evilskip said:

Some routing that I don't understand.

I live in Alabama. (Yeah, I know, but what are ya gonna do).

Bought some books from a seller in Vermont shipped media mail. The first stop was Los Angeles, California. Then Memphis. Then Atlanta. Then to Birmingham (in Alabama) and to my local USPS.

Buy books from a guy outside of Atlanta just about on a weekly basis. He ships media mail. It goes to Atlanta, then to Memphis, then back to Atlanta and then to Birmingham. Every time.

If I pay my electric bill by mail, it goes 50 miles to Birmingham and then comes back to to the local P.O. Box.

Don't ship comics media mail.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

i know everyone wants to save $$$ but why not use fedex right now? they dont usually disappear packages and their boxes are roughly one million times better than the usps paper thin piece of s&%t priority mail boxes. i'm at the point where i won't buy a book if a seller insists on usps. my last purchase, the case got chipped in spite of good bubble wrap inside because the boxes are so weak. i'd spend a bit more to ship with someone better at this point. i recommend it for all. screw usps. 

My ebay name is "flying-donut". Feel free to not buy from me. Better yet, what's your eBay name and I can just block you.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

i know everyone wants to save $$$ but why not use fedex right now? they dont usually disappear packages and their boxes are roughly one million times better than the usps paper thin piece of s&%t priority mail boxes. i'm at the point where i won't buy a book if a seller insists on usps. my last purchase, the case got chipped in spite of good bubble wrap inside because the boxes are so weak. i'd spend a bit more to ship with someone better at this point. i recommend it for all. screw usps. 

Likely because they don't offer insurance above a certain amount. USPS does. I think their boxes are the least of the problems. I agree with you 100% on everything else! Furthermore its possible to reach a FedEx customer service rep without waiting on hold for 2 hours.