• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

​​​​​​​WE HAVE A WINNER - SEE FIRST POST - GA Artist May Madness
8 8

326 posts in this topic

:news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news:

GAME OVER - WE HAVE A WINNER

SEE RESULTS BELOW

:news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news:

SCHOMBURG DEFEATS WOOD 21-18

EARLIER TODAY IT WAS TIED 18-18

SCHOMBURG NAILED A 3-POINTER IN THE WANING SECONDS TO CAPTURE THE TITLE

1125376460_FireShotCapture257-SurveyResultsSummary-SurveyPlanet-app.surveyplanet_com.thumb.png.22a21096eaad2e0b736078c33f62e7ff.png

It's time - May Madness has begun! 

64 of the foremost comic book artists of all time vie to be crowned as the GREATEST in this single elimination tournament known as May Madness!  

Each artist brings a unique set of talents to their craft and by making the tournament has already placed their name among the best.  

Broken into four regionals; Good Girl Art, Superhero; Pre-Code Horror, and Sci-Fi/ Fantasy.  Who will win - you decide.  Each game winner will be voted on by the most knowledgeable group of all Golden Age fandom here on the CGC Boards. 

So let's get it on, the whistle has blown, cast your votes now as we run to that most mystical of all prizes in the comic book industry - THE GREATEST GOLDEN AGE ARTIST!

Edited by telerites

I found the choices a bit confusing, as many of the artists didn't seem to be commonly associated with the genres they've been assigned to in the surveys.

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I found the choices a bit confusing, as many of the artists didn't seem to be commonly associated with the genres they've been assigned to in the surveys.

Me too, but I’m guessing you just needed 4 different divisions and the grouping was based on the previous scores.

8 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

It was just for fun, Paul.  Since the seeds sorted the tournament, the artists were spread all over.  NCAA March Madness uses geographic regions based on where the games are played but you could have a team from the US west coast playing in the East Regional across country.

I found the choosing surprisingly easy this round, with a few choices causing a few seconds hesitation, but most none at all, even when I was a fan of both. 

Half-time scores in the spoiler.  Apologies for at least two spelling errors in the names that I noticed when tabulating these.  And you will note if you at the scores, not all add to the same.  There were a few that skipped a question and evidently a few who only answered one or two of the regionals.  

Spoiler
Alex Schomburg 25 Murphy Anderson 2
Lou Fine 24 C. C. Beck 1
Wally Wood 22 Carl Burgos 3
Frank Frazetta 23 Jack Burnley 1
Matt Baker 22 Bob Kane 2
Jack Kirby 18 Sheldon Moldoff 6
Bill Everett 24 Fred Ray 1
L.B. Cole 26 Sprang 1
Will Eisner 17 Bill Ward 10
Dan Zolnerowich 14 Bernard "Bernie" Krigstein 11
Carl Barks 15 Harvey Kurtzman 10