• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

​​​​​​​WE HAVE A WINNER - SEE FIRST POST - GA Artist May Madness
8 8

326 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

So, like, now that all the dust has settled an' all, it looks like Lou Fine comes out on top, right?

Aagghh - don't remind me.  Everett beat both Fine and Zolnerowich in succession. 

The championship game is almost over and the winner will be revealed.

8 minutes ago, telerites said:

Aagghh - don't remind me.  Everett beat both Fine and Zolnerowich in succession. 

The championship game is almost over and the winner will be revealed.

Can we submit a write-in? :insane:

19 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

I was stunned that Frazetta made it so far. I know he has many fans based on his later work, but he didn't do very many GA covers.

Perhaps not many but with his final 9 he went out with a bang!

22 minutes ago, mtlevy1 said:

Ah - I see it now, compared to the other call outs I saw with flashing icons it was buried

Yeah, that was when I became really frustrated with the spamming and didn't put much effort into that post.  Sorry.

On 5/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, telerites said:

:news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news:

GAME OVER - WE HAVE A WINNER

SEE RESULTS BELOW

:news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news:

SCHOMBURG DEFEATS WOOD 21-18

EARLIER TODAY IT WAS TIED 18-18

SCHOMBURG NAILED A 3-POINTER IN THE WANING SECONDS TO CAPTURE THE TITLE

cap37.jpg

Just now, telerites said:

Thanks for playing everyone and indulging me.  It was fun to see how it evolved.  Here is the final bracket in case anyone wants to see it.

40623030_march-madness-bracketfinal-page-001.thumb.jpg.62399bf3d61941994b7451cea9ee63b0.jpg

It definitely was fun to participate in and see it through! Thanks for doing it! I am happy with all the top 8 artist who made it, all winners in my book (thumbsu

14 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That is my favorite Schomburg cover, and you have a nice book there.  The 37s tend to get miscut a lot, and many of them have Schomburg's name cut off the bottom.  Yours is cut right.  Let's get a CVA sticker on that sucker

I cracked it out a while ago.

Unfortunately, not feeling well, I missed the final vote. 

As with Frazetta, I would've picked Schomburg over Wood for the winner, same reason, I more associate both Wood and Frazetta with pre-Code 50s, and Schomburg with 40s Golden Age.

Thanks for doing the contest, Jeff.