• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

​​​​​​​WE HAVE A WINNER - SEE FIRST POST - GA Artist May Madness
8 8

326 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, telerites said:

That was really the one that surprised - even before the hack, Fine was well behind.  Everett is great but Fine's covers, specifically Fantastic #3 and National #7 drew me to the GA.  I doubt I will own the Fantastic but do have a National 7.

No doubt as only the Amazing Mystery Funnies V2#5 pops right into my mind when it comes to Everett covers, but there's a virtual countless number of them when it comes to Fine's beautiful and exquisitely rendered covers.  :luhv:

13 hours ago, telerites said:

Are you suggesting another deflategate - I thought Brady went the Bucs, but now that I think about it, there was a player who did look suspiciously like him on the floor. hm

Spoiler

Definitely deflation if Schomburg is kicked from the roster by hackers.  This is closer to Kaepernick getting permanently blackballed by scheming owners with their own agenda for taking a principled knee.  Or ...another analogy... the Astros getting unfairly penalized for one coach hacking another team’s playbook, stealing signals and putting a thumb on the scales of the final outcome.

Bottom line, I just can’t in good conscience vote on the remaining four because the best player was sidelined due to unsportsmanlike behavior from outside the club.  :sorry:

Thanks for the update,  Response in spoiler is now old news.

:news:: I’ve since taken the opportunity to read the Early Edition brought by the prophetic cat and can now predict a different possible outcome...    CrystalBall2.gif

Spoiler

79f6732a-d96c-422b-95f7-7ae8f8bbee85_zpsbfpqnr0a.thumb.jpg.6415631e7365f39758eed39a353a69c1.jpg

Edited by Cat-Man_America
mental imaging

3 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Definitely deflation if Schomburg is kicked from the roster by hackers.  This is closer to Kaepernick getting permanently blackballed by scheming owners with their own agenda for taking a principled knee.  Or ...another analogy... the Astros getting unfairly penalized for one coach hacking another team’s playbook, stealing signals and putting a thumb on the scales of the final outcome.

Bottom line, I just can’t in good conscience vote on the remaining four because the best player was sidelined due to unsportsmanlike behavior from outside the club.  :sorry:

https://s.surveyplanet.com/S2lUREpfh

3 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Yeah, I’d only read the first post before responding.   I see things have changed since last night.  After I have my mocha java, I’ll check the survey and edit my earlier response accordingly.  Thanks for the heads up! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, telerites said:

Cat, that seems pretty tame for you :tink:

Well, I did imbibe some good ale last night.  Alas, I tried to take a knee in protest this morning, but nobody was paying attention! Apparently the fans have taken to social distancing and the stadium is empty! :cry:

8 hours ago, telerites said:

That was really the one that surprised - even before the hack, Fine was well behind. 

Not sure why there's all this fuss about this most recent hack, when the Everett and Fine :slapfight: was obviously hacked right from the get go?  (:

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

I didn't think anybody would beat Lou Fine.

Man............you got that right!!!  :applause:

Unfortunately, he lived in the days when there was no such things as internet and social media, let alone internet hackers to screw everything up.  (tsk)  lol

:news::news::news::news::news::news:Championship Game --- Schomburg vs. Wood Is Live:news::news::news::news::news::news:

Voting ends tomorrow afternoon, 5-15-20 at 3 pm CST

@kav @aardvark88 @Ryan. @Ken Aldred @shadroch @exitmusicblue

Bracket Update - Schomburg defeats Frazetta 

Folks, it did make a difference.  The post hack game pitted Cole against Frazetta which Frazetta had won.  Schomburg moves into the Championship game with a score of 25-19.  Frazetta has filed an appeal to the judges and left the court giving the Bronx Salute to the virtual voters. So now the rumble for the title begins.  Voting link below plus updated bracket.  

https://s.surveyplanet.com/RbF8GrnQr

march-madness-bracket-page-001.thumb.jpg.ec67e2fefa2c97e9b006663a769f9fc2.jpg