• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 3 Knull Variant Cover for Cates and Stegman signing - THE GRADE IS IN

9 posts in this topic

Got my final raw book to send out to CGC for signatures and grading today.  It was advertised as mint and I have to say I am very happy with it.  So I don't know why I am putting it on here for you all to kill my buzz.  :)

In person, I slid my finger down the front and back spine to feel for dents and nicks.  Felt only one on the back cover.  Very minor and not color breaking.  Please let me know if you find anything I didn't see.  If this isn't a solid 9.8 candidate, I don't know what is.

High res pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fodPyzHFLJmhp2Tm7

Venom 3 Knull Front Cover.jpg

Venom 3 Knull Front Cover(1).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Front Cover(2).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Front Cover(3).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Front Cover(4).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Front Cover(5).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Front Cover(6).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Back Cover.jpg

Venom 3 Knull Back Cover(1).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Back Cover(2).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Back Cover(3).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Back Cover(4).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Back Cover(5).jpg

Venom 3 Knull Back Cover(6).jpg

IMG_20200502_221823.jpg

Edited by evolpe79
Added the final grade of the book

7 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

The top and bottom of spine seem slightly worn or frayed. I mean, I have seen the occasional 9.8 get by if it is the bottom. In my mind, I would be anticipating 9.4-9.6 on this as is. 

Thank you for your review.  :)

its so hard to judge these new comics from Marvel and some of the DC ones because the paper they are printed on is such thin . The spines are already compressed when they arrive and they all have a vertical spine line from the compression. But I guess they still graded by CGC as 9.8's because that's just how they were printed. I wish CGC would give a clear answer on if the spine is broken from normal opening and closing or just compression, does that hurt the grade. Im not talking about a frayed or damaged spine.

6 hours ago, JoshGrav said:

its so hard to judge these new comics from Marvel and some of the DC ones because the paper they are printed on is such thin . The spines are already compressed when they arrive and they all have a vertical spine line from the compression. But I guess they still graded by CGC as 9.8's because that's just how they were printed. I wish CGC would give a clear answer on if the spine is broken from normal opening and closing or just compression, does that hurt the grade. Im not talking about a frayed or damaged spine.

To be honest, when the issue is spine wear it's impossible to tell the severity from pictures. I like to run my finger down the spine to see how smooth the spine is. This book feels pretty good. It also looks better then some 9.8s I already have in my collection

Edited by evolpe79