• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to increase In Value?

49 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

Not to mention that this is a book where a stan sig makes sense, unlike 95% of the other ones out there.

I agree. I have never understood my people ask Stan Lee to autograph Incredible Hulk #181 or Amazing Spider-Man #300. I'm pretty sure that Stan had virtually nothing to do with either of these issues. I guess the argument could be made that Stan created the Hulk and Spider-Man, but, to me, that's a bit of a stretch.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:07 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I’m extremely perplexed by this sale 😮. You can get like a 6.0-6.5 for that amount of money. Makes no sense, even with great eye appeal, the Stan sig on the splash page and no chipping 🤔.

Market is showing itself ppl don’t want copies at 5.0 with chipping and off center wraps. Very hard to find with that combo. Ones that look like that with chipping and wrap issues shouldn’t be 5.0s in the first place but that’s for the consumer to decide the price diff 

you want a copy that is 6.0 looks off and chipped up or a better 5.0-5.5. 

as far as the lee signature they have virtually all dried up can’t find an af15 with lee on it. also it’s a time of recession all prices are up on collectibles and tangible investments across the board. 

Heres my af15 copy 5.0 with lee sig I’ll be sending for auction one day. Paid almost 50 in a trade when mess chipped up 5.0s we’re reaching 40. 

B55CECDF-248A-4C3B-AD13-0C54EED6D2E8.png

29 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

One good sale one bad sale means nothing. No trend here.

Isn’t $31,000 actually considered a normal sale price.  There’s a good amount data points that point it at the $30k mark.  I would not consider it a bad sale.  There is a similar discussion over at the turtles 1 1st print cgc 9.8.  There is a 90k sale At heritage and there’s about 3 different sales at 50-60k

Edited by Spiderturtle

2 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Isn’t $31,000 actually considered a normal sale price.  There’s a good amount data points that point it at the $30k mark.  I would not consider it a bad sale

Yes, I would call it a good sale actually.

10 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

What I am trying to say is people worry to much from one sale to the other why not just let AF15 be AF15. It's the uncontested king of the whole SA it will be just fine long term.

Yep very true.  Let it ride, it lands where it lands.  Easily by a landslide the #1 silver age grail. I wouldn’t get too excited on outliers in either direction 

Edited by Spiderturtle

11 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

What I am trying to say is people worry to much from one sale to the other why not just let AF15 be AF15. It's the uncontested king of the whole SA it will be just fine long term.

How does this philosophy help someone trying to buy a copy right now? 

18 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Just look up current books for sale there are plenty of them to get a vibe of current prices almost up to the minute. This is not a rare book it is a very in demand book. I have no issue talking value it's just most people know what this book is worth or could easily find out.

Oh. I thought an in-depth, nuanced analysis of such sale prices, both asking and completed sales, including possible outlier sales, would be of value to readers of a thread entitled, "So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to increase In Value?"