• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peach Momoko Appreciation Thread
11 11

210 posts in this topic

As much as I love this cover, I’m surprised it’s going for as much as it is...

7C8B6D99-5C19-4C1C-9DCD-662793CFCF77.jpeg

Also can’t wait for the Horizon Zero Dawn covers, those are gorgeous.

Edited by BishopT

On 6/29/2020 at 5:43 PM, fastballspecial said:

I cant believe anyone would pay those prices for those books. I realize everyone looks at
art differently, but wow.

She's hot right now and for sure a speculative side to this is driving prices.... Is it sustainable.... 

42 minutes ago, Will96 said:

She's hot right now and for sure a speculative side to this is driving prices.... Is it sustainable.... 

Flavor of the month in my opinion. I would take Frison, Artgerm and several others first, but
that my taste.

I can see the desire from a different art style collector, but just not sustainable I don't think.

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Flavor of the month in my opinion. I would take Frison, Artgerm and several others first, but
that my taste.

I can see the desire from a different art style collector, but just not sustainable I don't think.

I love Frison and I'm a huge Artherm fan (got some graded books with his sketches on) but I think Peach's work is slightly different as her art style is different from what's on books at the moment. They actually look a bit like actual watercolor art. Plus, she does a lot of indie titles that have a low print run which sell out fast. I think there's a FOMO aspect but also I believe she has a big fanbase. This is also the same with some of of Frison variants for Something is Killing the Children (aside from the fact this is also a great read).

Everything has it's time but I think it's the art style that helps keep this train on the tracks.

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Flavor of the month in my opinion.

100% this. 
Remember when Adam Hughes Catwoman series blew up? Or JSC really started pumping out those 3 set variants? Dell’otto, Mattina, Sanders, Artgem. All flavor of the month. Unfortunately that’s where we are with moderns now; jumping from one artist or series or character to the next hoping we hit a homerun with the next big thing.