• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peach Momoko Appreciation Thread
11 11

210 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, Schmakt said:

I don't love this, but I just placed my pre-orders for this month and was very intrigued by her new Demon Days series... really looking forward to it!

I trust everybody who cares got Demon Days today.  It's absolutely beautiful.

Also of note: The six page preview in King in Black #4 was NOT in Demon Days #1.  It's a stand alone prologue story.  For some reason, they didn't release a variant with a Momoko cover that I'm aware of, which seems very weird to me.

(My apologies if everybody was already aware of this; but it really doesn't seem to have gotten that much attention that I've seen.)

I don't get the appeal of her art on a cover, and would love to have someone convince me otherwise.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the vast majority of covers from Momoko look flat and two dimensional to me. Could be the the shading? I do really like her style for a poster or something... but it does absolutely nothing for me on the cover of a comic book. It looks like, and I mean this with all due respect, high quality fan art.

1 hour ago, Phill the Governor said:

I don't get the appeal of her art on a cover, and would love to have someone convince me otherwise.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the vast majority of covers from Momoko look flat and two dimensional to me. Could be the the shading? I do really like her style for a poster or something... but it does absolutely nothing for me on the cover of a comic book. It looks like, and I mean this with all due respect, high quality fan art.

Her Alien cover sucks to be frank.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Her Alien cover sucks to be frank.

I agree...just didn't want to say since I have some of her stuff, including Demon Days 1:200

6 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

I agree...just didn't want to say since I have some of her stuff, including Demon Days 1:200

Her stuff is hit and miss to me, not to say she isn't a great artist, just not my style.

With that said, her Alien cover was minimalist and looked phoned in

I imagine the source material is outside her interest scope, and it showed