• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Jack Kirby's Romance of Money First Published Work

7 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, favre4jrlgb said:

This is up for auction on ebay ending tonight! How much do you all think it will sell for?

Was this your comic? Because your picture looks like an uncropped version of the cropped one in the listing. Here is the hammer price:

RomanceofMoneySale05032020.thumb.jpg.24ba674aafdbc996330ade3036f9c94d.jpg

Edited by BOOT

4 hours ago, BOOT said:

Was this your comic? Because your picture looks like an uncropped version of the cropped one in the listing. Here is the hammer price:

RomanceofMoneySale05032020.thumb.jpg.24ba674aafdbc996330ade3036f9c94d.jpg

I can't even find this listing on ebay's sold items.  Removed?  I do see a pair of this book sold on March 27/28 from the same seller, although different pictures than this auction.  Actually I think it expired, then sold the next day?  

As for the blurb on the book itself, it seems this theory isn't really in vogue anymore.  Most articles I found via google shows it was an abbreviation of peso.

Edited by waaaghboss

7 hours ago, BOOT said:

3 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

I can't even find this listing on ebay's sold items.  Removed?  I do see a pair of this book sold on March 27/28 from the same seller, although different pictures than this auction.  Actually I think it expired, then sold the next day?  

As for the blurb on the book itself, it seems this theory isn't really in vogue anymore.  Most articles I found via google shows it was an abbreviation of peso.

Yes, it was the OP's book.  Had posted in spare a grade and also sales advertising thread.  I always assume that when a newly joined posted posts in multiple threads like this, it is an overt sales attempt. 

Sold listing show it sold on 3-28 for $1750 but then relisted for $1500 and cancelled on 3-28 (due to an error in the listing).  Found in an attic evidently

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1937+Jack+Kirby's+Romance+of+Money+&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

21 minutes ago, telerites said:

Yes, it was the OP's book.  Had posted in spare a grade and also sales advertising thread.  I always assume that when a newly joined posted posts in multiple threads like this, it is an overt sales attempt. 

Sold listing show it sold on 3-28 for $1750 but then relisted for $1500 and cancelled on 3-28 (due to an error in the listing).  Found in an attic evidently

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1937+Jack+Kirby's+Romance+of+Money+&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

I wish I had more attics :)