• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Zoo Funnies 4 some kind of sleeper key?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143590379903

Had a number of books on my watch list, and this one sold but doesnt even make sense.  Guide is around 50 for NM, and there isnt much that makes it stand out.  This one sold for 330, a bump from 190 in the last seconds.  The prior issue in the run in similar condition sold for  $11 in the same auction.  I'm  confused.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313065365187

Edited by waaaghboss

I very much doubt it's a key in any normal sense of the word, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those unusually scarce books that pop up (or, more correctly fail to pop up) from time to time.  A look at the digital comic museum shows that it was the last issue of the title to be scanned complete, and a coverless copy was the next to last issue of the title that was scanned.  So despite the low guide value it seems to be fairly hard to track down.

8 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I very much doubt it's a key in any normal sense of the word, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those unusually scarce books that pop up (or, more correctly fail to pop up) from time to time.  A look at the digital comic museum shows that it was the last issue of the title to be scanned complete, and a coverless copy was the next to last issue of the title that was scanned.  So despite the low guide value it seems to be fairly hard to track down.

That makes sense, I cant find any other copies for sale, as and see several copies of #3 for sale.  Thanks for the response.

I was the seller on this and was surprised by the price -- it actually made me do some searching to try & find a second copy online, and I couldn't even find a scan of another one.  There were several bidders way up there, so I think it must be a tough issue.  Of course now I'll regret selling it, if I ever decide I want to put together a Zoo Funnies run for myself lol

39 minutes ago, Action252Kid said:

I was the seller on this and was surprised by the price -- it actually made me do some searching to try & find a second copy online, and I couldn't even find a scan of another one.  There were several bidders way up there, so I think it must be a tough issue.  Of course now I'll regret selling it, if I ever decide I want to put together a Zoo Funnies run for myself lol

Yah was a shocker.  I wish I went a little harder on that British Tarzan book you had, think I ducked out at 85.  Would have made a nice pair with my Sparkler book it swiped the cover from :(

47 minutes ago, Action252Kid said:

Can't predict 'em all...:foryou:

On 5/4/2020 at 12:14 AM, Action252Kid said:

Congrats on offering it in an auction rather than putting a $15 sticker on it and selling it at a con.