• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller Vs.Todd Mcfarlane signature?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Frank Miller Vs.Todd Mcfarlane signature?

I'm thinking of getting my DKR #1 9.4 signed but I don't see anywhere near the buzz about Miler in house signing and at $130 per sig I'm wondering if it's worth it?I sent in two books for TM to sign (ASM 300 and 316)and while I'm not sure if I increased the value of the books that much I'm happy to have them in my collection. I'm not that deep into the nuances of sig series just wondering why he's so much more and not getting anywhere near the fanfare?And i know "if you're a true collector"yadda-yadda,but at $130 per sig I don't want to go backwards in value either?

Frank Miller has always been the most expensive artist sig and I would never pay those prices, specially considering his comics are not worth much, maybe if it was for sentimental value.

There’s a million factors in why one artist sig might be worth more than another, and the value may change over time.  Research the prices (consider sold prices on eBay) and just see if the math works out for your personal subjective situation.  

but I would say if it’s not one of the super key frank miller books OR a guaranteed Cgc 9.8, it’s definitely not worth it for frank miller at $130 (and somewhat similarly for Todd Mac)