• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective #27 on Ebay. Fraudulent auction
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Currently listed on Ebay. Supposedly a CGC  9.0 Pinnacle Hill Collection. CGC #0700757001. I checked CGC and the item is actually a CGC 8.0, having sold on Heritage in 2010 for $1,075,500.00.

It looks like this seller with zero feedback covered the 8.0 sticker with a 9.0 sticker. There are two bids right now for $1026.00 with 33 watchers. I'd hate to see somebody get burned here. Link is below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DETECTIVE-COMICS-27-CGC-9-0-OW-W-PGS-KANE-FINGER-1ST-APP-BATMAN-BRUCE-WAYNE/402251905241?hash=item5da814f8d9:g:yuMAAOSwLN5er2d5

1 minute ago, waaaghboss said:

I know that ebay supposedly has good seller protection, but who would even waste their time buying a six figure book from a zero feedback seller?  A fool and their money...

I once bought a pair of sneakers from what turned out to be a bad account.  It took weeks to get my money back.  

That's the problem on Ebay. Even if you get your money back, it takes a long time and is a waste of time. 

I love the way the seller has not listed barely any info at all about the book, as if this kind of thing is just a run of the mill everyday sale. No effort at all in the fraud. If you're going to scam at least put some work into it. :insane:

The grade is a photocopied sticker, that much is obvious.

I almost wish no one will report this just so we can see the level of suckery out there.

All in all a poor effort. I give it 2/10 on the dupcak-ewert-o-meter.

18 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

And the bc scan has a cc sticker. Not even heritage. 

Not only that but on the back cover CC sticker it clearly states it is the Rockford copy.   The poor Scammer can't even get his scam right. doh! 

Edited by Tsp99

15 minutes ago, misterrmystery said:

I asked for additional photos and the dope sent me a back cover scan of the 6.0 Rockford copy. Different certification number. Not too swift.

BTW the bid is at $30,100 now.

I can't (or don't want to) believe that those bids are serious, because if they are, then they (the bidders) are more daft than the seller.