• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

325 posts in this topic

Good evening,  Gang!

Well,  a couple weeks back  I  ran  a  short thread to help out my  Ohio  buddy  Lunatic  Lite,   old time collector  who  was  up  against 
it  due to the covid-19 shutdown  in  his  home  state.  We  raised  a thousand  dollars for him   and  it  got him  over the hump,  and  he
says  THANKS  EVERYBODY!   for lending  a  hand (by buying  his  comic  books, lol)

Well,   ol'  LL  was  so  happy  that he sent  me  another boxful  of   precode  fun  stuff,   so  I'm  doing it again,  with much  the same  mix.  
He  DID    send  along  a  couple   really   big books,  Miss Beverly  Hills  of  Hollywood  #1,  and  Detective   Comics  89,  both    stunners, 
And  he's cutting  me  in  for  a taste this time,    I'm  taking  a ten percent commission  for  doing  all the work.   Cheap  at the price,  :D 

I'm  going  to  list  a  couple  things this  evening,   and  start in for  real  tomorrow  afternoon  and  evening,   and  as  last time  I'll 
work  some  of  my   own  books in  to  boot.   If it's  Silver it's  RICK,  if it's    pre-code  its  LUNATIC  LITE.

One note:  I'm no longer  offering   first  class  shipping  on  small  quantities.   The local  substation  has  a  new  employee,  and  she's 
a fusspot,   trying  all first  class  packages   through  this  slotted  matrix,  and if  it  don't fit  it  don't get 1st Class,  so  I've been  losing  
 a  buck  or two on  those  packages.   I'm  limiting  all shipping  now   to  Priority  padded  envelope  for  1 - 4 comics,  and   Priority
flat  rate  box  for  larger amounts.

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four  books, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Wilbur Comics 7

EEEEEARLY    Katy  Keene,  her  first  appearance was  in  Wilbur  5

Flat and  clean enough,  but  split  lower  spine, lower staple  pulled,  chipping  along  spine  BC. Interior  tight  with  off-white  pages,
Ink name  FC,  large light  dogear upper  RH  FC
Features  Wilbur  in drag  (basketball team in tu-tu's)  if  your taste runs  in  that direction. 

Asking $60

Dsp9vSw.jpg

wT1QNCf.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Patsy Walker 20

Front  cover  is  decent,  with  a tear  near  Patsy's foot lower FC,  and  a couple  chips,  but  BC has  a  good sized   corner 
off upper RH,  a  split  and  tear  below the missing  corner,   and  an old  tape stain.   Evidently   it  held on  the  corner,  
dried  out  as  the  old  cellophane tape  often  did,   and  both the  tape  and the corner  are lost  to history,  lol 
There's  that Bonnet's   stamp  FC,   there  will   be  more of those  throughout  the  thread. 

Flat  and tight,   white pages. 

Asking $30

9CAHxpG.jpg

5nmNxnQ.jpg

9 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

One note:  I'm no longer  offering   first  class  shipping  on  small  quantities.   The local  substation  has  a  new  employee,  and  she's 
a fusspot,   trying  all first  class  packages   through  this  slotted  matrix,  and if  it  don't fit  it  don't get 1st Class,  so  I've been  losing  
 a  buck  or two on  those  packages.   I'm  limiting  all shipping  now   to  Priority  padded  envelope  for  1 - 4 comics,  and   Priority

To my knowledge, there is first class letter and first class boxed.  If you are paying for first class boxed, it shouldn't be a concern.  She may need an edjumacation. :sumo: 

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
15 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

To my knowledge, there is first class letter and first class boxed.  If you are paying for first class boxed, it shouldn't be a concern.  She may need an edjumacation. :sumo: 

To add - the slotted matrix, to my knowledge, is to determine whether the item is machinable.  If it is rigid (like you want it to be) it is not machinable. So, you pay the higher rate.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Could  be,  it's  a  teensy  substation  in  the  corner of  a local pharmacy.  But  while   the shutdown  is on  here in Michigan,   I'm  not
going  to  the Main  Branch,  when  I  can  deal  with  one  person  behind  a  sneeze  guard.  Good  to  know though  and  when restrictions lift 
I'll  do  my  due  diligence  and check  it out.   
Thanks  for  the heads  up!

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Maximum 1st class package dimensions are  22" x 18" x 15". Max weight is 13 oz, unless you print postage through paypal, or some other service like stamps.com, then it is 16 oz. 

If you are trying to mail at letter rate it's no more than 6-1/8" x 11-1/2" x 1/4", but envelopes can't be rigid.

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

To add - the slotted matrix, to my knowledge, is to determine whether the item is machinable.  If it is rigid (like you want it to be) it is not machinable. So, you pay the higher rate.

Huh.   She's   treating  it  as  if  it's  a  sizing   matrix,   If it slides  through,  great!  if  it  doesn't,   more money!  

Regardless,   this time  I'm  not  offering  First  Class. 

4 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Could  be,  it's  a  teensy  substation  in  the  corner of  a local pharmacy.  But  while   the shutdown  is on  here in Michigan,   I'm  not
going  to  the Main  Branch,  when  I  can  deal  with  one  person  behind  a  sneeze  guard.  Good  to  know though  and  when restrictions lift 

It's never too late for an edjumacation…, Fargo wood chipper gif 3 » GIF Images Download

Edited by lizards2

Just now, catrick339 said:

Huh.   She's   treating  it  as  if  it's  a  sizing   matrix,   If it slides  through,  great!  if  it  doesn't,   more money!  

Regardless,   this time  I'm  not  offering  First  Class. 

Well, yeah, it is more money.

Teena 22 

Gorgeous  copy,   no  GPA  on  this  book,   none  seem  to  ever  have  been graded.  
LL  is  asking    an  aggressive  price  on  this  one,   so  remember  that  I'm  always  happy  to   forward  any  PM  offers.

Flat,  tight,   clean,   square,   good  gloss,  white pages.  Wiff of  general  wear.

I argued  a bit  with  his  asking  price,  but  it's his book,  so  there  you go. 

Asking  $250

nzX59VI.jpg

TAoEfb7.jpg

All right  Gang,   that's  it for tonight,  look for a  batch  tomorrow  mid-afternoon,   and  another   batch  during  the  evening,

Highlights include  several   Nellie the Nurse,  Joker,  Gay, Fightin' Marines 15  with  Matt Baker,  Torchy #1, misc  oddball  Teen  Humor
titles, a handful  of  pre-code  crime,  and  I've dug out   a batch of  Tales  to Astonish  starting  with issue 36. 

Oh,  and  the aforementioned Miss Beverly  Hills  of  Hollywood  #1,  and  Detective   Comics  89

See  you  tomorrow  afternoon. 

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

Oh,  did  I  mention  the Flying  Cadet 17,  with  boobies  on  the front  cover?

No. But I'll be waiting for the Gay Fightin' Marines with whomever.  That sounds intriguing or something. :wink:

(Scrolls  back,   doublechecks  for  comma  between   Gay  and  Fighting,  decides   Lizards  has   an evil  mind, lol)

27 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Just stay out of the Dollar Store...:sorry:

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:
4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Just stay out of the Dollar Store...:sorry:

Good advice  even in the best  of  times!

I have heard that they have odd-sized packages.

Just now, catrick339 said:

All  right,   I'm for sure  heading  to  bed now.   No,   really...

Threadcrap Gang - Appear!