• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An impressive French collection
1 1

8 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, NicoV said:

the original art we can see on the walls

But is it "original"? I'm seeing several easily identifiable major pieces at sizes that may be "too large" or are "impossible" (like Kirby X-Men #1 cover!) Nice layout and collection, overall, but I think the focus is on the stuff because the "art" is either poster/printouts or contemporary recreations.

Impressive statue collection and comic room!

The Jimbo Salgado Hulk piece looks original as he often works commissions at that size.

Though I would advise him to stop spending money on those leadpink printouts.

5 hours ago, vodou said:

But is it "original"? I'm seeing several easily identifiable major pieces at sizes that may be "too large" or are "impossible" (like Kirby X-Men #1 cover!) Nice layout and collection, overall, but I think the focus is on the stuff because the "art" is either poster/printouts or contemporary recreations.

Yes, maybe! I did not think about that.

My thought as well. Besides, he’d have so much more money for manufactured collectibles by not buying OA. 

Printing out Heritage scans and framing for your collection room is a great way to display the source material, without having to spend for it.

And dare I say, most folks that get the OA bug Tend to put their money, time and focus into it, vs all the doodads and trinkets he is showing off.

If he sold the bulk of that stuff, he’d have $ and space for a pretty respectable collection of OA. 

:insane:

1 hour ago, ESeffinga said:

My thought as well. Besides, he’d have so much more money for manufactured collectibles by not buying OA. 

Printing out Heritage scans and framing for your collection room is a great way to display the source material, without having to spend for it.

And dare I say, most folks that get the OA bug Tend to put their money, time and focus into it, vs all the doodads and trinkets he is showing off.

If he sold the bulk of that stuff, he’d have $ and space for a pretty respectable collection of OA. 

:insane:

I'd hate to be the person assigned by his will to have to clear that out...:fear:

Edited by pemart1966

15 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

I'd hate to be the person assigned by his will to have to clear that out...:fear:

I have a few 11 X 17 prints from previous ownership or bootleg scan grabs, they are all clearly marked on the reverse as such.  No obvious value, not for resale, for example.

Helpful for future handlers.  Actual original art is also lightly marked on the reverse with relevant info.  Someone will be dealing with it.

My mother did the same thing with her antiques.  Much appreciated!  Best, David S. Albright