• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading Collectible/Trading Cards...?
5 5

136 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I was thinking they’re gonna start grading treasuries...

Question: They grade "magazines" because all of their cases have the same height and width, correct? They're just deeper?

Seems weird to branch into cards if you don't grade the full range of comic sizes (if said question is "correct"). 2c

Any kind of trading card, or just a segment (sports, non-sports, gaming, etc.)? Also interesting how they'll categorize out-of-the-box signed cards.

And why stop there? Let's slab some toys (gijoes. star wars, boxed transformers).

Dunno if this is a good idea.

Not too bad, have some Magic cards from back in the day when I used to play that could use some grading.

Sadly I guess my signed card from Cassius Marsh when he was running back for the Seahawks isn't signature series material due to being late by an estimated four years :tonofbricks:

I'm a masculine man and all but I have to say, they are super cute! looks like little tiny graded CGC comics! xD

All they need now is to start grading video games. Give Wata some more competition

Edited by justin

53 minutes ago, Red84 said:

The card grading market is full.

No one who is knowledgeable about cards is going to get a card graded by CGC when PSA is and has been the trusted market leader for decades. 2c

My understanding is that there's been a big blow to the credibility of the card grading companies over the last 12-18 months.