• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something Big this way comes...
1 1

23 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I really don't get the whole graded video game thing... 

Judging a collectible item based on how little the contents inside were used, then putting it inside of plastic so you can only see the outer art and never enjoy said contents again... hm

7 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

This came out of nowhere.  Next time could you give us an announcement that you are about to make an announcement that an announcement is imminent?

They did lol

Cgc sent out a survey a couple of months ago. Anyway, one of the questions was, if cgc ventured into another area what would cgc collectors prefer?

On the list was cards (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They did lol

Cgc sent out a survey a couple of months ago. Anyway, one of the questions was, if cgc ventured into another area what would cgc collectors prefer?

I thought cards were dead, Zed. 

It doesn't't look like video games, the slabs look too thin. That being said it seems to me that Comic Connect is pushing video games hard this auction.

Maybe just new a new slab design? Not sure what to make of the grading though.

Edited by Xenosmilus

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They did lol

Ah there was a survey and I missed it! What were some of the other areas if you remember? I still want to see a paper sketch in a actual slab and not just in a inner well! Although I guess you could frame them the way they are slabbed now. 

22 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Ah there was a survey and I missed it! What were some of the other areas if you remember? I still want to see a paper sketch in a actual slab and not just in a inner well! Although I guess you could frame them the way they are slabbed now. 

Some of it was personal 

Income

Value of collection

Are newton rings still an issue was question I believe, they didn't ignore it

There is a thread around here somewhere I forget most of it

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
26 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Some of it was personal 

Income

Value of collection

Are newton rings still an issue was question I believe, they didn't ignore it

There is a thread around here somewhere I forget most of it

Hope this helps

Quoting myself:

I'm just glad there will be another slew of companies that you can't talk positively about on the boards.  

8 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

It doesn't't look like video games, the slabs look too thin. That being said it seems to me that Comic Connect is pushing video games hard this auction.

Maybe just new a new slab design? Not sure what to make of the grading though.

This has been Heritage’s approach for awhile now...they even push the video games in their comic-focused social-media accounts.

3 hours ago, Transplant said:

Quoting myself:

I'm just glad there will be another slew of companies that you can't talk positively about on the boards.  

borock, borock, borock? Pekin Bantam - Wikipedia