• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF 89 (Grade is in!)
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Tell me what you think of this FF 89. 
Cover is super glossy and has great color, no folds and attached at both staples. FC has some edge wear all around, URC has light 1/2” crease, light 3/4” crease on Thing’s arm and top staple wear. BC is clean. No missing pages, pages are OW-W. 

F41698AD-905C-4271-89FE-2BF835401DB4.thumb.jpeg.44701a10c954c3da4d5091e4e274d145.jpeg

E063A7AC-A55F-4F5F-99B8-694BFC11F0DD.thumb.jpeg.12a7fd3926431e5d4ddafb4d4ce028ef.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 5/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Came in at 5.5. Cover detached at lower staple. Somehow I missed that  I think this happens at CGC sometimes.

Just so I understand better, are you saying it was probably detached originally and you didn't catch it or was it loose to the point that it could have gotten detached through further handling and that's the probability you missed?

Also, I am looking at what you sent in and I am very curious as to the reason for the submissions. Was it to know the grade within your collection, to sell them or something else? I used to be into FF and have a decent run but I havent looked at the prices in a while, have they risen in the past 8 years and those are now hot books? Or did the slabbing process end up costing as much as the comics are worth?

8 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Just so I understand better, are you saying it was probably detached originally and you didn't catch it or was it loose to the point that it could have gotten detached through further handling and that's the probability you missed?

Also, I am looking at what you sent in and I am very curious as to the reason for the submissions. Was it to know the grade within your collection, to sell them or something else? I used to be into FF and have a decent run but I havent looked at the prices in a while, have they risen in the past 8 years and those are now hot books? Or did the slabbing process end up costing as much as the comics are worth?

I don’t believe the cover was detached at the bottom when I sent it in. I was giving CGC the benefit of the doubt. I think it happened from their handling. I would not have sent it in with a detached staple had I seen it. Without the detached staple it would have been a 7.0/7.5.

Value for FF’s especially keys have gone up some along with most popular SA books. Other than the obvious keys, which are always hot I think there is some movie speculation on Galactus and Dr. Doom issues driving prices higher.

As for my reasoning for slabbing these issues, FF was always my favorite series and these books were some of the favorite And better condition copies of the SA books I own. I just wanted to preserve these copies more than making money on them.  It’s the evolution of my 47 years of collecting FF. 

I have other books that I am slabbing for profit.