• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedrock City Comic Co. Facebook Live Sale!
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Tonight, Wednesday May 6 at 7:00pm CST Bedrock City Comic Co. will have a live stream Facebook Live Sale. Lots of great books, both new and old, will be available. If you have a chance, please check it out. All sales will benefit the "Keep Bedrock City Open" fund which will be used to pay the expenses of one of America's most beloved comic book stores.

Here is a group of comics that WILL NOT be available in tonight's sale...

facebooklivegroupshot.jpeg

Edited by MrBedrock

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Tonight, Thursday May 6 at 7:00pm CST Bedrock City Comic Co. will have a live stream Facebook Live Sale. Lots of great books, both new and old, will be available. If you have a chance, please check it out. All sales will benefit the "Keep Bedrock City Open" fund which will be used to pay the expenses of one of America's most beloved comic book stores.

facebooklivegroupshot.jpeg

:x Amazing!  I take it this is the NFS lot lol!  

Tonight, Thursday May 6 at 7:00pm CST Bedrock City Comic Co. will have a live stream Facebook Live Sale. Lots of great books, both new and old, will be available. If you have a chance, please check it out. All sales will benefit the "Keep Bedrock City Open" fund which will be used to pay the expenses of one of America's most beloved comic book stores.

Since you're being humble, I assume most folks know already but the linkage is the one below, correct?

https://www.facebook.com/BedrockCityComics/

Tonight is Wednesday. Do you mean Thursday May 7 or tonight Wednesday May 6? Inquiring minds want to know, in order to support the Cause.

10 minutes ago, comicparadox said:

Tonight is Wednesday. Do you mean Thursday May 7 or tonight Wednesday May 6? Inquiring minds want to know, in order to support the Cause.

Tonight Wednesday! I must be losing my mind!

19 minutes ago, telerites said:

Since you're being humble, I assume most folks know already but the linkage is the one below, correct?

https://www.facebook.com/BedrockCityComics/

You are awesome. Thanks Jeff!

6 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:
25 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Tonight Wednesday! I must be losing my mind!

Hey would love to support.. and just checked out some of the pics of stuff going up.. anyway you can put grades on those books in addition to pricing? or will they be said during the sale?

We will be mentioning grades during the sale. We have updated every price tag to include grades but they will be too small to see on your phone or small device. They should be visible on larger monitors and will definitely be mentioned.

Edited by MrBedrock

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

We will be mentioning grades during the sale. We have updated every price tag to include grades but they will be too small to see on your phone or small device. They should be visible on larger monitors and will definitely be mentioned.

The grades are too small to read on the large monitor. Those hearing people have advantages over me because they can hear what the guy read loud and claim the books before I see them.  This is a great idea but it needs to improve.

Edited by JollyComics

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

The grades are too small to read on the large monitor. Those hearing people have advantages over me because they can hear what the guy read loud and claim the books before I see them.  This is a great idea but it needs to improve.

We are trying to work on ways to improve, so thank you for the feedback!

4 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

We are trying to work on ways to improve, so thank you for the feedback!

You are welcome. I thought it was a blast.  What's the grade for Battlefield #9 that I just claimed?  Too rare to pass it!  I will be back on May 13th for sure.

That was actually a pretty entertaining live sales stream.  I only watched for about 30 minutes while at work, but you guys definitely kept the viewers/buyers engaged with your commentary of each item for sale.  I had a laugh at the description of OMAC, "OMAC is... a one man army... he's really tough... and beats up a lot of guys... and has technology." :roflmao: 

Some thoughts:  I do agree with the others that it was difficult to see the grades, which is important since you can't see much of the actual book condition.  This is especially true for the bigger ticket items, where i'd be hesitant to quickly buy an expensive book I can't see and grade for myself.  While I like the randomness of the whole sale (it was kind of cool to see the occasional odd GA book pop up), it would have been nice to have some organization by G/S/B/C/Modern.  If you have a Golden age FB live sale, i'd definitely log onto my decrepit facebook account that I haven't seen in years, just for the possible opportunity to buy something.  Since the books are only up for a couple minutes, it might be nice to have a recap thread/post so people can claim/buy books they missed.  Overall nice job and I could see this being a hit!

13 hours ago, davet75 said:

That was actually a pretty entertaining live sales stream.  I only watched for about 30 minutes while at work, but you guys definitely kept the viewers/buyers engaged with your commentary of each item for sale.  I had a laugh at the description of OMAC, "OMAC is... a one man army... he's really tough... and beats up a lot of guys... and has technology." :roflmao: 

Some thoughts:  I do agree with the others that it was difficult to see the grades, which is important since you can't see much of the actual book condition.  This is especially true for the bigger ticket items, where i'd be hesitant to quickly buy an expensive book I can't see and grade for myself.  While I like the randomness of the whole sale (it was kind of cool to see the occasional odd GA book pop up), it would have been nice to have some organization by G/S/B/C/Modern.  If you have a Golden age FB live sale, i'd definitely log onto my decrepit facebook account that I haven't seen in years, just for the possible opportunity to buy something.  Since the books are only up for a couple minutes, it might be nice to have a recap thread/post so people can claim/buy books they missed.  Overall nice job and I could see this being a hit!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to check it out and give feedback. Thanks!

1) We are definitely hearing from a ton of people about the visibility of the grade. It is a delicate balancing act as we figure out how to address it. There are three considerations. The amount of visible area on the screen given to each comic. The visible area on the surface of each comic cover. And the prep time given to each item. I think we are going to try to use the same square post-its, reduce the size of the price a little, increase the size of the grade, and give it uniform placement.

2) We have really found that mixing everything up works the best for constant action. At this point a vast majority of viewers are customers of more modern books. When we have done sections of silver or earlier books, and especially bigger ticket items, we tend get some lulls which causes viewership to drop. I would love for more boardies to tune in so maybe a dedicated vintage episode would be the ticket.

3) I will pass along your compliments to Kevin and Austin, and especially Dylan, who produces everything and does all of the graphics and off camera coordination. They have knocked out of the park as far as my expectations, and they will love hearing it from you.

14 hours ago, JollyComics said:

You are welcome. I thought it was a blast.  What's the grade for Battlefield #9 that I just claimed?  Too rare to pass it!  I will be back on May 13th for sure.

A great pick-up on the Battlefield 9. I graded it a 7.0 fvf with ow/w pages. I bought it from another dealer who had it graded as a very fine, and on first glance it looks every bit of that or more. It has a couple of small, out of the way creases that kept me from grading it higher.

32 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

A great pick-up on the Battlefield 9. I graded it a 7.0 fvf with ow/w pages. I bought it from another dealer who had it graded as a very fine, and on first glance it looks every bit of that or more. It has a couple of small, out of the way creases that kept me from grading it higher.

Whoa! (worship)

6 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to check it out and give feedback. Thanks!

1) We are definitely hearing from a ton of people about the visibility of the grade. It is a delicate balancing act as we figure out how to address it. There are three considerations. The amount of visible area on the screen given to each comic. The visible area on the surface of each comic cover. And the prep time given to each item. I think we are going to try to use the same square post-its, reduce the size of the price a little, increase the size of the grade, and give it uniform placement.

2) We have really found that mixing everything up works the best for constant action. At this point a vast majority of viewers are customers of more modern books. When we have done sections of silver or earlier books, and especially bigger ticket items, we tend get some lulls which causes viewership to drop. I would love for more boardies to tune in so maybe a dedicated vintage episode would be the ticket.

3) I will pass along your compliments to Kevin and Austin, and especially Dylan, who produces everything and does all of the graphics and off camera coordination. They have knocked out of the park as far as my expectations, and they will love hearing it from you.

Please do pass on my compliments.  The stream was so entertaining that I minimized the screen while doing work so I could listen to their commentary.  The combination of general knowledge of storylines and continuity, creators, artists, interesting trivia, and smart- remarks made this almost like a TV show on comic books.  I enjoyed the mini-synopses of the many storylines.  Throw in a little more key information and trivia knowledge for the books, encourage more witty comic-related banter between your staff, and people will be tuning in for pure entertainment value and buying books. 

We will be back on the air Wednesday night at 7:00pm.