• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best score you ever got off eBay...
4 4

152 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, october said:

My best scores were 5-10 years ago, and put these to shame (at least in terms of big collections found through eBay contacts), but here are a few of the single buys from the past year or so:

Cinderella Love 25: paid $325 in a romance lot, sold for $5000

World's Best 1: paid $800, sold for $4200

GSXM 1: paid $300, sold for $3800

Superman 14: paid $2500, it's about an 8.0, value is $12,000 or so. My favorite pickup, definitely a keeper. 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.44a12612d9dc35775f402c6d8e306fca.jpg

My favorite Superman cover and one I cannot believe I do not own. Its one my wife wants too so I don't know why I do not have one.

1 hour ago, october said:

My best scores were 5-10 years ago, and put these to shame (at least in terms of big collections found through eBay contacts), but here are a few of the single buys from the past year or so:

Cinderella Love 25: paid $325 in a romance lot, sold for $5000

World's Best 1: paid $800, sold for $4200

GSXM 1: paid $300, sold for $3800

Superman 14: paid $2500, it's about an 8.0, value is $12,000 or so. My favorite pickup, definitely a keeper. 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.44a12612d9dc35775f402c6d8e306fca.jpg

Fudge those are great recent buys on feebay lol. Did you have them graded to actualize those high prices?

Edited by littledoom

In the span of two months I acquired all 4 copies I have of Invincible #1... The CGC was local purchase on Craigslist for $300.. It was a very hasty deal as I was given a very vague location to meet at but for $300 thats a deal 9.8 Signed by Kirkman. The guy who sold it to me was an ebay seller who was selling mainly Image/Indie slabs (so it's also an ebay score!). Oh, the fourth came from an estate sale for .50 cents. I ended up selling the run for the same price I bought the lot for. Gotta love those buy it now auction lots ;)

F3FFCCDB-C008-4B94-B7F9-2D3D8B8717D0.jpeg

ECBE9D2E-9A1B-45F1-87F5-F864299CB0DC.jpeg.743b960c4ee940394a39687ea04aca9c.jpeg

IMG_5541.thumb.JPG.065b8c0151bac6c06ef176f0228c9e5a.JPG

IMG_3156.thumb.JPG.9cf11b909a998a4129dd7bcd836bcbbc.JPG

Edited by littledoom

13 minutes ago, mwotka said:

My best deal was over ten years ago.  Was watching a "lot of Incredible Hulks" with just one or two pictures of a scattered pile of several dozen.  Could see one little orange corner sticking out of the pile.  Was sitting at like $15.  Waited til end and one other person bid on it and I think thought the same thing, I threw 100 at it and got it for about $80.  Sure enough, had a 181 in fine with the stamp.  And a 102, 182, 141, and a few others, all vg or so.  Ended up keeping the keys and relisting, got about $25 out of it the rest.  So I've still got a 181, 182, 102 and 141 for about fifty bucks.  Not too shabby!

I hate when I get outbid because most of the time like in this scenario I wouldn't mind paying $81

6 minutes ago, kav said:

Just saw this on ebay-is it legit?  whats the story?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-BATMAN-DRAWINGS-1932/233346262463?hash=item36548565bf:g:sTMAAOSwyTtdcBVt

Original Batman drawings 1932

The first original drawings of Batman were created by Frank Foster II in 1932 and presented to the publishers in New York City from 1937 to 1939. Full details and documentation may be seen on the website:
s-l1600.jpg

people will see and notice what they want.. but seems legit.. if DC actually saw this and used it is another thing... If DC never came up with Batman back then I'm sure someone else would have in the 80 years

I got back into collecting in my early 30s about 11 years ago so unfortunately I missed out on the wild west days of ebay, but through persistence (obsession) I did get a lot of good deals 5-10 years ago. 

About 5 years ago I bought a large Amazing Spiderman run of #60 through #400 with all of the annuals starting with #2 that included a handful of dups including two nice copies of #129. Only paid $1200 buy it now from a zero feedback seller (thought it was worth the risk considering buyer protection) so it was a pretty good deal I'd say. 

One other that comes to mind is a solid mid grade ASM #3 I got for $175. It was an auction but as soon as it went up I messaged the seller and made an offer and he accepted and did a deal through PayPal . I used to do that all the time when I first got back into collecting and it worked more often than you'd think. 

2 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Truth. October is being modest, Andy was the KING of finding incredible eBay bargains...these whippersnappers have no idea! :preach:

My 2 best ever:

1) Late at night about 9 years ago I was looking at auctions ending and saw an auction with a fuzzy pic of a Star Wars #1 with the title simply stating "old Star Wars comic" from a seller with almost no feedback. There were like 2 minutes left and I zoomed in and saw it was the 35-cent variant, couldn't tell condition at all from fuzzy pic but I thought what the heck...bid was at like $12.00 so nobody else had figured it out...I bid $1,000 with 10 seconds left and was high bidder at under $20...then with 1 second left somebody else figured it out and jacked my bid up to $700 but I still won. Wasn't quite the huge steal I thought I was going to get but even if it was beat up, still a solid buy. When I got it I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually really nice despite a bunch of dents and bends. Gave it to Joeypost to press and it came back a 9.0 which I sold for $3,900. 

2) Also about 10 years ago I found another fuzzy late-night auction with a beat-up looking Hulk #1 listed in modern comics. Took a chance and won at $800, received it and it looked pretty decent. After Joeypost once again worked his magic it came back a 3.0 and it's sitting in my collection today!

fudge those are nice.. it's definitely harder in more recent years to get those mammoth deals.. deals can be had but that echelon might not be in this decade