• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best score you ever got off eBay...
4 4

152 posts in this topic

$3.50 for a vf asm 300. The seller had listed a bunch of spideys at $3.50 each, you could pick which ones. I really couldn't believe it, but I picked the 300 and another issue. I couldn't believe it when it actually arrived. Another time. Got a lot of 100 BA books for $50. No pics, just took a gamble. The books averaged about a 9.2, were all 20-30 centers, and about 1/3 were mark jewellers. At the time no real keys (this was like 15 or 16 years ago), but some are now semis. More recently $50 for a vf+ our army at war 151. A while ago multiple nm avengers 125s for $1 each. Even then they were $20+.

Edited by the blob

Unfortunately mine isn’t comic related, but by far the best deal I ever got was on my drumset, a yamaha maple custom absolute.

At least when yamaha was still producing in Japan their  two high end sets phx and maple custom absolute were made to order. The guy I got mine from waited 6 months for his drums to be completed. He even chose the more expensive phx lug configuration on them. once they were shipped he had them a total of 1 week before a family emergency forced him to sell it. He did it by auction and I won, at half the cost of what he paid. I got them for 1800.

Edited by oldbsturgeon

On 5/6/2020 at 7:54 PM, valiantman said:

I bought 800 Valiant comics for $80 shipped about 1998... the seller listed some of the titles, so I figured 10cents each, shipped to me, was fine.  It had two $50 books in there, so the other 798 were free (probably another $100 worth of $5 and $10 books, too).

Basically, the guy paid me about $100 to get them out of his house.

He had jackpot fever

You were his cure!

Not a monumental score, nor is it one involving profit. Nabbed a recent BIN featuring 10 JLA related books from a seller for a shade under $21. Using my ebay bucks brought it down to ten dollars. 6 of the books I didn't care about, but the JLA/Avengers 1-4 for a dollar each after all was said and done made me a happy guy.

3 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

Got a Lois Lane 70, about Fn/Vf, for $12 shipped in an auction last year. "Lois" was misspelled "Louis" in the auction title. 

love those ..happens all the time... I remember buying super cheap Infinity "Gauntlet" 1-6 sets and Batman "And Robin" keys because of title misspellings

7 hours ago, solm4st3r said:

About 10 years ago I paid $20 for a complete Frank Miller Daredevil (issues 158-191) lot in VF-NM range due to the seller putting the wrong price in the listing. He was upset but honored the sale.

even if it's a deal by $10 some sellers will not honor the sale because it's "undervalued"

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

even if it's a deal by $10 some sellers will not honor the sale because it's "undervalued"

And on the flip side there are buyers who will actually take advantage of a seller who made an acknowledged mistake hm

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

And on the flip side there are buyers who will actually take advantage of a seller who made an acknowledged mistake hm

I saw the Buy It Now price so I bought it and paid right away. The seller messaged me saying that he was upset about listing the wrong price but that it was his mistake and he would honor the sale anyway. I don't think I was taking advantage if he chose to sell the comics at the price he listed. I didn't pressure him to sell either.

The circled lot mentioned “assorted comics” in addition to the main lot of modern Captain America miniseries. I actually looked at all the pictures and spied a Maximum Carnage Acclaim video game promotional comic. 
I knew this was hard to find and jumped on the bin at $30.

after press, graded at 9.4. Now these are becoming more desired with Carnage getting some exposure. $600 and climbing...can’t believe it.

I also nabbed a second copy later on eBay in a similar situation; paid $88 and it’ll be about a 9.2. Haven’t sent it out for grading yet. It came with other decent Venom books, so all good.

ive been looking for cheap copies of this book, I doubt I’ll see any more than my 2 now that it’s popularized. 

5B056951-F54D-4CD1-8499-E96524615E32.jpeg

EA03EC08-CEE3-4D7A-B9F5-D73F95FD1362.png

1 hour ago, Joosh said:

The circled lot mentioned “assorted comics” in addition to the main lot of modern Captain America miniseries. I actually looked at all the pictures and spied a Maximum Carnage Acclaim video game promotional comic. 
I knew this was hard to find and jumped on the bin at $30.

after press, graded at 9.4. Now these are becoming more desired with Carnage getting some exposure. $600 and climbing...can’t believe it.

I also nabbed a second copy later on eBay in a similar situation; paid $88 and it’ll be about a 9.2. Haven’t sent it out for grading yet. It came with other decent Venom books, so all good.

ive been looking for cheap copies of this book, I doubt I’ll see any more than my 2 now that it’s popularized. 

5B056951-F54D-4CD1-8499-E96524615E32.jpeg

EA03EC08-CEE3-4D7A-B9F5-D73F95FD1362.png

I was hunting that promo book cheap back around the same time you were in 2017 or so.. Got one for I believe $16... they were roughly $20-30 at that time. Sold one back in August for $200

Edited by littledoom