• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best score you ever got off eBay...
4 4

152 posts in this topic

In 2010 I got a 150 issue lot of Detective Comics for $39.00.  The issues were between #370 - 638.  The guy asked me if I wanted a bunch of 'ragged out' issues he was otherwise going to throw away, those include a low grade #411 (1st Talia Al Ghul).  Most of the issues below #500 were low grade they got better as they got newer.  He had put 'BEST ON EBAY, LOOKIE HERE!' in the item description.

Back in September I stumbled across a poorly listed 16 issue Superman lot, which I got for $50 + $15 SH, which included 11 high grade DCU's, including; Action 684 (3rd), 686 (2nd), Adv 498 (4th), Sup (1987) 74 (4th), 77 (3rd), MoS 19 (3rd), JLA 69 (4th), 70 (4th), Doomsday Hunter Prey 1-3.

Two that pop out for me that I vaguely remember one and extremely happy with the other. 

A few years back, bought a lot of 13 (?) raw and a CGC 9.8 X-Men 282. CGC had a cracked case and bought the lot for around $100 if memory serves. Sold the individual issues for $5-$10 and basically recouped the amount paid. Sent the CGC to get a reholder and came back still 9.8. With the direction that one is taking lately, satisfied with that sale. 

Again, a few years ago and have no recollection or record of what I paid but got a lot of 12c Fantastic Fours that included a #49 and #50. Both are with CGC for grading but with the trajectory of 49 alone, will be coming out ahead of that one. 

It can be hard to buy raw books on ebay, even with really good pics.  But I got spiderman for $20 and paid $100 for the DC book a couple years ago.  The spiderman cover had a decent amount of finger nail marks on it.   Some books just press out well and this is one of them.  It looked like a different book when I was done.

20210411_110244.jpg

20210411_110302.jpg