• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best score you ever got off eBay...
4 4

152 posts in this topic

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just an fyi, my browser says this thread and the plastic crack thread....

are "not secure" at the top with the url......

Spoiler

I tried updating everything and running scans, I had no problems.....

Yet not sure if it is CGC @Buzzetta

image.thumb.png.43cd5b6ff6d02cc5252468e33325b92b.png

What is odd as well, is everything else that I look at on computer shows "safe and secure", so just thought that I'd mention it (thumbsu 

3 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I had one that I THOUGHT I was burned on.

TOS 39, sold to me raw as Fine, again back in 2002. $1200.

I got it, and there was a tear in the back cover. I contacted the seller and said I didn't think this was Fine. But he offered no return. I asked him to throw in a few extra comics to make up for some value... no. 

He then on the 90th day after the sale, he left me HORRIBLE feedback. Said I was extorting him. I couldn't respond to his, since it was past 90 days. I was ripped. But, c'est la vie.

Fast forward to last year. Got the book CGC'd.

5.5 Universal. Sold for $8400. Worked out okay. :)

I bought a raw Hulk 180 for $20 that was really low grade, It was worse than what the seller had listed but I already knew it was a deal and wasn't worth the time to complain about it

Edited by littledoom

5 minutes ago, oldrover said:

giphy.gif

I had to google the reference lol I wasn't familiar! :headbang: 

Thomas "Babe" Levy (Dustin Hoffman) is a Columbia graduate student and long-distance runner who is oblivious to the fact that his older brother, Doc (Roy Scheider), is a government agent chasing down a Nazi war criminal (Laurence Olivier) -- that is, until Doc is murdered and Babe finds himself knee-deep in a tangle of stolen gems and sadistic madmen. Even his girlfriend, Elsa (Marthe Keller), becomes a suspect as everything Babe believed to be true is suddenly turned upside down.

:ohnoez:

In the past few years, I have had to return A LEAST one in five purchases for things like undisclosed mold, missing centerfolds, coupons out, brittle ect. Just very sloppy grading. 

I will not purchase from those who have no grade or description, state they are not “professional graders” or offer no returns. Several of these people are fairly known dealers. No matter how tempting, I just shut down their auction and move on just as I do with live dealers at cons who have not proven to be worth my business. 

Edited by Robot Man

In the 2001-2003 period I used to scour ebay looking for bronze and copper lots in NM. I picked up many multiples of books like Ms. Marvel 1, She-Hulk 1, Eternals 1, etc. for $1-$2. I got a Sandman #8 editorial variant for 99 cents, and a 10-pack of NM Godzilla #1 for $9.99. The good old days!

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

But seriously lol 

I've been around enough to see CGC flooded with Chinese language threads started that filled the 1st page of comics general and the modern section :D

I'm just trying to help :foryou: but c'est la vie

I've bought a couple of really good deals in comics. I got this Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 40 for something like $15 in eBay bucks so... free. :whee:Came back an unrestored 4.0 from CGC. For some reason I do not take crazy risks on comics on eBay. I've passed on some amazing deals because I just was not brave enough to pull the trigger. 

5a7fd3a5f3115_Archies_Girls_Betty_and_Veronica_40(2013_02_0610_09_31UTC).thumb.jpg.0b8fd11952ac20f3ff7f04647b5f0880.jpg

4 minutes ago, october said:

My best scores were 5-10 years ago, and put these to shame (at least in terms of big collections found through eBay contacts), but here are a few of the single buys from the past year or so:

Cinderella Love 25: paid $325 in a romance lot, sold for $5000

World's Best 1: paid $800, sold for $4200

GSXM 1: paid $300, sold for $3800

Superman 14: paid $2500, it's about an 8.0, value is $12,000 or so. My favorite pickup, definitely a keeper. 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.44a12612d9dc35775f402c6d8e306fca.jpg

That Supes is a beauty.  What’s the highest graded copy?

3 minutes ago, october said:

My best scores were 5-10 years ago, and put these to shame (at least in terms of big collections found through eBay contacts)

“To shame”? LOL

Since when is a score of any size a shame? I’m guessing anyone (in the industry or not) who buys collections would have much bigger dollar amounts involved. 

Just now, oldrover said:

“To shame”? LOL

Since when is a score of any size a shame? I’m guessing anyone (in the industry or not) who buys collections would have much bigger dollar amounts involved. 

I meant I found better stuff 5-10 years ago. Much harder to find good collections now.