• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best score someone got off YOU on eBay...
1 1

68 posts in this topic

This happened last year.

I had a TTA 35, 8.5 PLOD. I figured I’d get maybe $1200-1500 for it... just minor color touch. So I auctioned it.

It went for just over $500. :fear:

Only plus side: it was won by a boardie... who was THRILLED. Kind of made up for it. :)

Sold a lot of SA Thor books.  It was like 10 lower grade books went for around $45.  When I shipped I accidentally added my copy of Thor 165 in abt 7.5.
Had to repurchase the book on ebay when I discovered my mistake.

13 minutes ago, kav said:

Sold a lot of SA Thor books.  It was like 10 lower grade books went for around $45.  When I shipped I accidentally added my copy of Thor 165 in abt 7.5.
Had to repurchase the book on ebay when I discovered my mistake.

That's brutal.

Think I'll just preload this GIF for you and others, as these stories may induce...

giphy.gif

...self-medication. ;)

They didn't get an immediate steal off me, my auctions usually get fmv or above, sometimes a little under, but year or two later they made bank.

Every single af15 I ever sold. I never see it going up much more and it always does. Sold some hulk 181s didn't think Disney would buy rights anytime soon and if they did I would never guessed they would double in value.

5 minutes ago, oldrover said:

That's brutal.

Think I'll just preload this GIF for you and others, as these stories may induce...

giphy.gif

...self-medication. ;)

thx bruh

Not on eBay.

To my ignorance in GGA, (NOW I am overly educated)  at the estate sale, I bought a batch of 40 Golden Age comic books in a plastic Sara wrap because there were three PCH copies I went for.  All of them are GD condition but I made about $250.  Nearly all are GA animal funnies so I sold them for about $250 - not badly.  One biggest mistake I ever made in my life, yep I sold VG Archie #50 copy to the boardie here (that was in 2016) for only $75.  The boardie wanted to make sure that $75 was correct. I told him "yes" twice. He bought it and was very thrilled about it. Of course he didn't tell me until he showed it off here for week by week.

I was wonderstuck for two months not even knowing what the headlights were.  Finally I realized that I sold it TOO cheap.

Lesson learned.   Well, I bought that batch for only $40 and sold all of them included Archie #50 for $575 that should have gone double.  Oh well.

Edited by JollyComics

32 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Not on eBay.

To my ignorance in GGA, (NOW I am overly educated)  at the estate sale, I bought a batch of 40 Golden Age comic books in a plastic Sara wrap because there were three PCH copies I went for.  All of them are GD condition but I made about $250.  Nearly all are GA animal funnies so I sold them for about $250 - not badly.  One biggest mistake I ever made in my life, yep I sold VG Archie #50 copy to the boardie here (that was in 2016) for only $75.  The boardie wanted to make sure that $75 was correct. I told him "yes" twice. He bought it and was very thrilled about it. Of course he didn't tell me until he showed it off here for week by week.

I was wonderstuck for two months not even knowing what the headlights were.  Finally I realized that I sold it TOO cheap.

Lesson learned.   Well, I bought that batch for only $40 and sold all of them included Archie #50 for $575 that should have gone double.  Oh well.

nice headlights.jpe

If it’s much over a $100 I will sell on eBay to feel safe and all. Can’t say I sell enough though to say someone has had a big score from me.

Lots of smaller prices stuff I sell other ways because it’s cheaper and I don’t get hit with fees. Probably the best people have gotten off me are Thor 337. I used to buy for $2-5 and flip for $15-20 8-10 years ago. So those buyers are happy:) 

15 years ago or so I sold the first 20 issues or so of Ultimate Spider-Man for like $60 or something.  I had bought a collection, and listed the runs.  It sat for a few months before someone bought it.  They were probably 8.5 to 9.4?

I recalled a score someone definitely got off me. About 8 years ago I helped a colleague sell some of his collection. In hindsight, I shoulda bought it but I was saving for a house and dropping $1500-2000 on comics wasn't quite in the cards. I helped him sell his collection and he had a Giant Size X-Men. At the time, it was a $175-250 book in the condition he had, around a 4.5-5.0. Someone today is happy they snagged it back then :)

Edited by comicginger1789

Sold Hit Monkey 1 2nd Print for $20 then it hit like $100 the next day

Sold God Country 1 both A B variants for $30 then hit like $70-100 maybe couple months later ... i'm sure there are others.. the hit monkey one sucked hah!

9 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

If it’s much over a $100 I will sell on eBay to feel safe and all. Can’t say I sell enough though to say someone has had a big score from me.

Lots of smaller prices stuff I sell other ways because it’s cheaper and I don’t get hit with fees. Probably the best people have gotten off me are Thor 337. I used to buy for $2-5 and flip for $15-20 8-10 years ago. So those buyers are happy:) 

Sold my high grade Thor 337s lower than they are now.. and i had a feeling about it, but they were overprinted

5 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I recalled a score someone definitely got off me. About 8 years ago I helped a colleague sell some of his collection. In hindsight, I shoulda bought it but I was saving for a house and dropping $1500-2000 on comics wasn't quite in the cards. I helped him sell his collection and he had a Giant Size X-Men. At the time, it was a $175-250 book in the condition he had, around a 4.5-5.0. Someone today is happy they snagged it back then :)

I know a guy who got Hulk 181 9.0 raw via a second chance offer because the high bidder didn't pay.. this was years ago maybe a decade ago.. he paid like $260-300ish

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

I know a guy who got Hulk 181 9.0 raw via a second chance offer because the high bidder didn't pay.. this was years ago maybe a decade ago.. he paid like $260-300ish

Wow... that's huge. 20 years ago, I got a Hulk 181 as a throw-in on a cracked CGC case deal... he described it as GD... turns out it was VG+. 

Cosmo Kramer Yes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

It was a sin when I sold my original Silence of the Lambs 2nd draft -script for only $20.. It sold immediately after posting.. You know when a buyer messages right away and then buys right after you done messed up. Trying to buy it back from the guy I sold it to hah!

CB72CD46-67D2-4092-A4B9-99AF5E62F9A5.png

33 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

^Ouch

I know zero about screenplays and the like but even I would have put several hundred buck on it at least....was it a typo? Can ya blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol?

around $200... basically it's like selling a New Mutants 98 for $20 ... I could have gotten so much more but not GSX1 or Hulk 181 money lol.