• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best score someone got off YOU on eBay...
1 1

68 posts in this topic

Put an X-Men 142 CGC 9.6 on eBay, you can see my result in red, and then every result after it.... *Headsmack*

Screenshot_20200517-101615.thumb.png.e57593e69c990c2bae19dd0b6bc78f86.png

And yes I still remember this back from 2013. Even remember seeing the auction closeing as I gave my then 2 yo daughter her bath...

Edited by miraclemet

3 hours ago, the blob said:

Selling most of my keys in 2005-2008? I doubt I got $5000 for them. Prolly worth $50000 now. Could finish that darn basement!

I am lucky I am always late and had no interest in selling until prices got so good I felt it was time. ( I might be saying same thing as you 15 years from now, who knows) But really who knew? Comics were the same price just about from 2000 to 2011. They would get a little boost from a movie but nothing like they do now. 2012 - 2013 everything doubled. MCU has produced unreal results. 

when I first started selling on ebay abt 8 years ago I thought you only got one pic so I stacked all my ditko spideys together in one pic showing only top of books and sold as lot.  many buyers suspicious so didnt get many bids.  Couple even messaged me what are you hiding?  Some people got terrific bargains as result.

8 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Yesterday I was selling ultimate fallout 4 sealed for $120 and asm 361 for $60. This thing called a stimulus check came out and all the sudden they doubled in value. 

I'm saving my one and only UF4 that I got off the racks ... I know for a fact that that will become a $200 comic sealed!

1 minute ago, Myowncollector said:

Read some of your comments and it inspired me to add another terrible sale.

Listed a New Mutants 98 Facsimile Reprint. I forget to remove the facsimile and reprint so it sold for $3 instead of the $130 that it should have brought. 

Someone got a NM 98 on ebay for $3? That's one of the most heavily watched searches in all ebay comicdom

On 5/16/2020 at 9:29 AM, Dmac538 said:

This was recent at C2E2, purchased 3 Wolverine 1 C2E2 John Tyler Christopher Variant at the Marvel booth, Proceeded to get them signed by the author Benjamin Percy, and graded onsite, all came back 9.8. On the flight home posted them for $175 each , which i thought was a fair price, they all sold before i reached home. They are currently average $450 on Ebay. I never try to think about the money i could have made, i just think about the money i could have lost.

Your mistake here was only purchasing three of them at the booth in the first place. :foryou:

I ended up getting 20 throughout Day 1 because I thought the book was a beauty, and if I got stuck with 20 of them, so be it... I posted a Friday night sales thread, including 15 of these that I listed at $60 each.  They were all gone by Saturday, and by that time, the book was sold out at the show.  Within three weeks, some sales jumped higher than $250 raw, especially for the lower numbers.  doh!

Yet, I don't regret it.  You win some, you lose some.  A lot of boardies got some cool books, and these Wolvies helped pay for my show.

5 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Yet, I don't regret it.  You win some, you lose some.  A lot of boardies got some cool books, and these Wolvies helped pay for my show.

there's a lot of great easy deals that I could have done something about but simply don't regret either

My story is simultaneously one of the best scores I got on eBay, and also the best score someone got off me. A few years ago, I found a Magic the Gathering Collector's Edition boxed set for sale on Ebay for $40. It was worth around $1,500 at the time. This set was complete, and every card was near mint. It was sold by someone who obviously resells stuff from flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, etc., since they had all kinds of random stuff up for sale. Score!

I really liked this set. It is comprised of a complete reprinted set of Magic the Gathering Beta cards, but with square corners and a gold border back. I kinda wanted to keep it long-term for the nostalgia, since I played MTG for years. However, the cards weren't actually tournament playable and I figured I better cash in now before MTG loses popularity and the cards lose value. I ended up re-selling the set for around $1,300. Huge win!

Except for the fact that this set is now worth around $8,000 - $11,000. :tonofbricks:

when i first got back into comics and joined the boards i sold a few on eBay and i threw in a freebie that i thought was pure drek , it was NM+ DC presents #26, which i had bought off the stands and hated the cover...

i was stunned when i found out later that this pure drek comic was a key...

image.jpeg.4e23b92f5cbc8908cd9629cfb3cce064.jpeg

2 hours ago, jharvey said:

My story is simultaneously one of the best scores I got on eBay, and also the best score someone got off me. A few years ago, I found a Magic the Gathering Collector's Edition boxed set for sale on Ebay for $40. It was worth around $1,500 at the time. This set was complete, and every card was near mint. It was sold by someone who obviously resells stuff from flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, etc., since they had all kinds of random stuff up for sale. Score!

I really liked this set. It is comprised of a complete reprinted set of Magic the Gathering Beta cards, but with square corners and a gold border back. I kinda wanted to keep it long-term for the nostalgia, since I played MTG for years. However, the cards weren't actually tournament playable and I figured I better cash in now before MTG loses popularity and the cards lose value. I ended up re-selling the set for around $1,300. Huge win!

Except for the fact that this set is now worth around $8,000 - $11,000. :tonofbricks:

i feel your loss

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

when i first got back into comics and joined the boards i sold a few on eBay and i threw in a freebie that i thought was pure drek , it was NM+ DC presents #26, which i had bought off the stands and hated the cover...

i was stunned when i found out later that this pure drek comic was a key...

image.jpeg.4e23b92f5cbc8908cd9629cfb3cce064.jpeg

Not quite as bad as your story, but I believe I sold a decent raw copy here on the boards for $1.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, miraclemet said:

Put an X-Men 142 CGC 9.6 on eBay, you can see my result in red, and then every result after it.... *Headsmack*

Screenshot_20200517-101615.thumb.png.e57593e69c990c2bae19dd0b6bc78f86.png

And yes I still remember this back from 2013. Even remember seeing the auction closeing as I gave my then 2 yo daughter her bath...

Don't feel too bad. Here's my Tomb of Dracula #20 CGC 9.8 eBay auction. This was back in 2010, when I believe this was the 5th or 6th 9.8 graded.

Year Number High Low  
2018 1 $143 $143
2017 1 $180 $180
2015 1 $81 $81
2013 1 $124 $124
2010 3 $266 $52
2005 2 $203 $200  

Mines not nearly..... as....I'mashamed to even mention it lol

Bought a tomb of Dracula 10 from LCS for $50

It had a subscription crease down the middle that breaks color.

Came back 3.5 so roughly total was $100 after all fees to buy raw and have slabbed... rounding up

Sold it for $199 decent profit.

Next month blade gets announced for mcu or whatever 

Immediatelythe 3.5 becomes a $3-350 dollar book....

I've made worse deals and talked ad nauseam about them, but they were trades....

Specifically silver surfer 8.0 and ASM 129 4.5 for a hulk vs wolverine statue 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

50 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Next month bald gets announced

Dr. Evil - Wikipedia

does it have to be Ebay?

I sold the "hated" Hulk 271 for a $1 when Rocket Raccoon got popular. I didn't know it was in my dollar box. Oh well.

As a Hulk fan I can't stand the book, it is everything I don't want to read about. I mean look at this lame cover!

doh!

Hulk 271.jpg