• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love American Style - Romance books for sale CLOSED
11 11

265 posts in this topic

ROMANCE BOOKS FOR SALE!

Hello All!  I will be selling about 117 romance books.  There is Gold, Silver and Bronze age books.  Slabs and raw - low grade to high grade - cheap to not so cheap.

Why am I selling?  My wife says when this "stay at home" order is removed, she will go out and get her hair done, get her nails done and get de-fuzzed.  Then she will spend a ton of money!  :whatthe:  Help me raise some funds by buying a book or two.

Who is eligible to buy:  Collectors, dealers and flippers are welcomed and encouraged.  Probies and Hall of Shamers are not welcomed.

Payment information:  Paypal, checks and money orders are fine.  Please, no toilet paper.  Payment is expected within seven (7) days of receipt of invoice.

Shipping information:  For the continental USA, slabs are $15 and raw books are $8 to ship.  More expensive books will include insurance and signature requirement.  Shipping for multiple books will receive a discounted shipping price.  Shipping to Canada and other parts will be at exact postage cost.  All books will be shipped in a box.  No padded envelopes will be used.

Time payments:  Yes, this is an option.  20% non refundable down payment via check or money order within ten (10) days of receipt of invoice.  Maximum duration is four (4) months.  After down payment, payments can be made with check, money order or Paypal.  Payments can be made weekly, monthly or in one final payment.  I will leave that up to you, but be careful that you do not bite off more than you can chew.

Grading:  I called CGC and asked for their grading guide.  Someone named Mertimer told me if I can find my virginity, then they would send me a guide.  I looked through my comic book collection and I didn't find it.  Oh well.

So I have tried to be strict and I have used some CGC criteria, or at least I tried.  So if you are not happy for any reason, all raw books are returnable.  However, return shipping is on you.  If I totally missed something (like a clipped coupon or restoration), I will pay for return shipping.

Slab sales are final.  I will try to highlight any defects that may not be obvious on first glance.

Winner:  First '"take" or  :takeit: (or something similar) in the thread wins the book.  PM's are welcomed, but the "take" in the thread trumps any PM negotiations, regardless if we strike a deal in the PM's.  So be mindful of this.

When will the books be listed?  Per the rules, I will list one book today, A bunch of books tomorrow at 3 PM Pacific and the rest of the books on Saturday at 3 PM Pacific.  I will answer PM's after I list the books for each day.  All books listed on Friday and Saturday will be in alphabetical order.

Whew...OK, let's get started with the first one for today...

Edited by Bumble Kitty

10 minutes ago, davet75 said:

With that first post, i'm scared to leave work for fear of missing out on some sweet sweet gold...

Stay, go, it matters little.  You are going to miss some ;)

Just now, davet75 said:

my work connection is faster than my home connection

tell yourself whatever you like.  Takebot has been upgraded and is ready to go for a spin.  Buckle up buckaroo, going to be a brisk ride!

Just now, Comcav said:

tell yourself whatever you like.  Takebot has been upgraded and is ready to go for a spin.  Buckle up buckaroo, going to be a brisk ride!

I bet upgraded Takebot has a hardwired fiber optic line to the CGC server