• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Managed Payment System
2 2

281 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Very detailed info Lightning I appreciate it. I still think they are raping us on these fees considering the volume they do. In our cases the more they take the more it negatively effects the true value of our collections. Its just greed. But thats a whole nother issue. Thanks again.

I am with you 100% on that.  It's getting very expensive to sell online.  Hopefully someone will slide in underneath with a new platform that is cheaper, effective, and safe.  The big guys are hard to move, though.  Like one of us trying to shove the Hulk and Galactus out of the way.

4 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

I am 2 months into managed payments. No real change on fees for me. Just a slight inconvenience with delayed payments. In my opinion, business as usual. 

I'm sure Lightning I mean Ebay will be happy to hear that have a satisfied seller

22 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Very detailed info Lightning I appreciate it. I still think they are raping us on these fees considering the volume they do. In our cases the more they take the more it negatively effects the true value of our collections. Its just greed. But thats a whole nother issue. Thanks again.

other selling apps are now charging fees or upping existing fees closer to that of ebay's

12 minutes ago, littledoom said:

other selling apps are now charging fees or upping existing fees closer to that of ebay's

Oh really? All I've really done business with is e-bay, Heritage, ComicLink and Comic Connect as a buyer . And I've only sold on e-bay and a few times on CL (which went very smooth, it just takes time). I think a flat 10 or 11% of the actual sale price is as high as it should be to sell anywhere. 

Edited by Professor Chaos

On 9/28/2020 at 8:27 AM, Motor City Rob said:

I am 2 months into managed payments. No real change on fees for me. Just a slight inconvenience with delayed payments. In my opinion, business as usual. 

Same here, and in fact, I like the payments the way it is. I don't have to do anything and the money is in my checking account.

eBay finally got their sheets together and started actually processing everything correctly... now everything goes through them but I am given the option to pay for postage through eBay or my PayPal.  

Edited by Buzzetta

10 hours ago, gunsmokin said:

I'm 2 months in as well and other than being annoyed that I can't access my funds as fast as I'd wish, I can live with it. Are they taking selling fees right off the top now when they distribute funds so we aren't hit up for one big bill at the end of the month?

It appears to be that way.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, Buzzetta said:

eBay finally got their sheets together and started actually processing everything correctly... now everything goes through them but I am given the option to pay for postage through eBay or my PayPal.  

Agreed. I like this one-stop shop / all-things integrated architecture. As a seller, I also find the Payment and Performance tools are actually very useful. Even if the fees were hiked up a bit (which I argue they haven't really changed), given the transparency through their metrics tools and comparatively high traffic volume, with some smart DIY marketing through social media/Google, eBay is a better sales channel than CLink, ComicConnect, and maybe even Heritage. eBay's FMV caps at $750 by the way...last I checked.

But I am sure there are some decent counterarguments to what I said.

6 hours ago, ComicsAndCode said:

Agreed. I like this one-stop shop / all-things integrated architecture. As a seller, I also find the Payment and Performance tools are actually very useful. Even if the fees were hiked up a bit (which I argue they haven't really changed), given the transparency through their metrics tools and comparatively high traffic volume, with some smart DIY marketing through social media/Google, eBay is a better sales channel than CLink, ComicConnect, and maybe even Heritage. eBay's FMV caps at $750 by the way...last I checked.

Well said!!!

On 9/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Same here, and in fact, I like the payments the way it is. I don't have to do anything and the money is in my checking account.

My only complaint is my postage is taken out of my Paypal account while all the payments go to my checking account.  I've got quite a bit in my paypal account so it won't be a big problem for awhile but I can see it becoming an issue.  Is there any way to have the postage taken out of my bank account?

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

My only complaint is my postage is taken out of my Paypal account while all the payments go to my checking account.  I've got quite a bit in my paypal account so it won't be a big problem for awhile but I can see it becoming an issue.  Is there any way to have the postage taken out of my bank account?

I have my postage taken from my “pending payout”....so it’s definitely possible 

Just now, 1Cool said:

Yes. When you go to print your shipping label, there's a button at the bottom that allows you to change your shipping to "pending payouts." Click on that as your default and it will be deducted from what is sent to you. It is not intuitive but its there and will make your life easier.

Just now, GLCBrad said:

I have my postage taken from my “pending payout”....so it’s definitely possible 

Ok - i'll look into it al lunch since I think someone else said they have it set up that way also.

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Ok - i'll look into it al lunch since I think someone else said they have it set up that way also.

Here - I just had to print a label. This is what it should look like. Click the "Paying with your pending payouts" button.

image.png

I thought when we switched over it would automatically switch away from paypal. 
Disappointed it doesn't. I hate the lag time when I have to switch money to my paypal
account occasionally. I didn't notice that option on shipping labels which is nice.

Other then that no issues. They recoup interest on my money for a few days and then
my stand alone account get its. 

On 10/2/2020 at 11:16 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Here - I just had to print a label. This is what it should look like. Click the "Paying with your pending payouts" button.

image.png

You guys have it good.

Everything we post here has to be done by hand, so I use a courier for larger orders.

The stuff from the Post Office - I have to pick it up (mailers, bags etc).

So there is no point printing a label as I still have to go get a bag / box from PO.

You guys get stuff delivered for free yes?

I wonder if ebay here have taken the lack of useful postal service in Australia - if I have to print a label for everything, then I still have to go to the PO to get the mailer / bag. (shrug)

Just been invited, so will this week - we were due to do this 2 months ago, but the system failed.

Lets just say I have no confidence in ebay Australia...but glad to get rid of paypal!

On 10/1/2020 at 9:32 PM, ComicsAndCode said:
On 9/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, Buzzetta said:

Hey Pete!  Hope you're doing well.  Is the highlighted part still active on ebay?  If it is, then it is a huge benefit for sellers with items over $7500