• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Managed Payment System
2 2

281 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gaard said:

I still haven't changed over. I was just wondering....

For those who have been using the MP system, has there been any kind of blowback from buyers?

My understand is that it isn't anything visible to buyers, so no reason there would be reaction of any sort.

I don't do much selling on eBay anymore, but was forced into their MP system last month when I tried to edit a listing.

I can't say I'm happy with the 13.1% final value fees, but that's about what I would have paid while adding in the PayPal fee anyway.

What kills me is the shipping labels I print through eBay still get charged against my PayPal account... so eBay takes my payments now and has my money, but they relegate the label payments to a 3rd Party processor?!?!  That just means that eBay is holding onto more of my money, while I need to make a separate payment for every transaction to cover shipping.  :pullhair:

I looked around, but didn't see anything.  Anyone know a if there is a setting to charge my shipping costs against the actual sales of the transactions vs those costs being shipped out to PayPal each time?

18 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

I looked around, but didn't see anything.  Anyone know a if there is a setting to charge my shipping costs against the actual sales of the transactions vs those costs being shipped out to PayPal each time?

Forgot to quote you, @masterlogan2000, so that you would know that I showed you where to change it - oops.  I tried to edit and add the quote, but that didn't work at all, so a separate post.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:17 AM, HotKey said:

A bit off topic but MAN when are we going to stop letting businesses keep our money all these extra days because of "business days", especially when it's usually automated transactions done by computer which run 24/7 anyways and do not require any human interaction to process? If you can take my money in 30 seconds, I should be able to get it in 30 seconds. Same computers, same banks, same internet.

It made sense back in the day, and still does in some cases like CGC not being in the office, but in payment cases this "industry standard" is very outdated and it feels like they keep doing it just because they can.

/endrant

image-asset.jpeg

True...This is like the modern day "Check Kiting"...to bump interest  $.

Has anyone else been told the payouts are only on Tuesdays? That's what Ebay CS told me last week and the new seller fee is 12.1% for collectibles which is the category comics are in. I found it a bit strange that payouts could only be released on one day :| what's up with that?

19 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

I don't do much selling on eBay anymore, but was forced into their MP system last month when I tried to edit a listing.

I can't say I'm happy with the 13.1% final value fees, but that's about what I would have paid while adding in the PayPal fee anyway.

What kills me is the shipping labels I print through eBay still get charged against my PayPal account... so eBay takes my payments now and has my money, but they relegate the label payments to a 3rd Party processor?!?!  That just means that eBay is holding onto more of my money, while I need to make a separate payment for every transaction to cover shipping.  :pullhair:

I recently sold a card for the first sale under this new MP system. I just went in to look exactly how I did it so I could give you an accurate answer, but navigating sale details is horrendous and there are just to many avenues (clicks/links) to maneuver through. At any rate, when it came to printing the label, I remember there being an option to have the fee deducted from the amount of the sale, not through my PayPal. I sold on a Monday, Wednesday I was notified the money minus fees/shipping etc. was transferred to my bank account, and Thursday my funds posted (so three days). 

I sell mainly comic books in waves as a hobby only so I will pay more attention to how that part worked for the shipping labels to see exactly how I did it. 

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

9 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Has anyone else been told the payouts are only on Tuesdays? That's what Ebay CS told me last week and the new seller fee is 12.1% for collectibles which is the category comics are in. I found it a bit strange that payouts could only be released on one day :| what's up with that?

Mine are daily.

Fees are 10.9% for me (store - 1500 listings) + 30c per transaction.

That's on total inc postage

They have added this little doozy though

Anyone found to be at fault in a chargeback will be charged $22!!

Dispute fees

When you are found responsible for a chargeback or other disputed amount as per eBay's policies, we charge a dispute fee of $22 (excl. GST) for each dispute.

9 minutes ago, Beige said:

Mine are daily.

Fees are 10.9% for me (store - 1500 listings) + 30c per transaction.

That's on total inc postage

They have added this little doozy though

Anyone found to be at fault in a chargeback will be charged $22!!

Dispute fees

When you are found responsible for a chargeback or other disputed amount as per eBay's policies, we charge a dispute fee of $22 (excl. GST) for each dispute.

I was told my fee was 12.1% and payouts were only Tuesdays. Apparantly there are different fees for different categories but maybe it increases when your selling price is a certain amount? They do their best to bury the fee information on the website. The app is almost worthless without access to your seller hub. All the app is good for is notifications. 

24 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

You have the choice of daily (Mon-Fri transmittal), or weekly on Tuesdays.  Only Tuesdays on the weekly option.  You can set it from your Payments tab.  Just go to Payout Settings > Payout Schedule.

I sell collectibles, and pay 10.97% plus 30 cents per transaction in that category.  That includes a discount for Top Seller status, and store discount, each a percent or so.  The fee % does not change based on the transaction size, or your total sales volume.  Everyone gets jammed equally.

Fees used to be half a percent higher, but were dropped because you now pay on the sales tax, too.  They lowered the fee to make it a wash, but people just see that they are paying a fee on the tax and can't deal.  Can't think, can't do math either, apparently.

1 hour ago, Lightning55 said:

You have the choice of daily (Mon-Fri transmittal), or weekly on Tuesdays.  Only Tuesdays on the weekly option.  You can set it from your Payments tab.  Just go to Payout Settings > Payout Schedule.

I sell collectibles, and pay 10.97% plus 30 cents per transaction in that category.  That includes a discount for Top Seller status, and store discount, each a percent or so.  The fee % does not change based on the transaction size, or your total sales volume.  Everyone gets jammed equally.

Fees used to be half a percent higher, but were dropped because you now pay on the sales tax, too.  They lowered the fee to make it a wash, but people just see that they are paying a fee on the tax and can't deal.  Can't think, can't do math either, apparently.

It's not the greatest is it.

However - I'm probably 1.5 - 2% better off now.

I must stress I DON'T use ebay postage

I have a very good discount with Australia Post for bulk purchases of pre-paid postal materials, and a private courier account, also with a hefty discount.

Edited by Beige

13 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

Thanks. I think the default setting is set to weekly? They didn't bring up this option when I called so I suppose it was on weekly. The people who don't sell frequently may have no idea about this setting. I sold something on Friday, payment sent today, now I find out in the notification it's another 3-4 business days for the funds to reach my account. So conceivably it could be 10 days to get paid from date of sale. I didn't anticipate this new payment system to be this much of a slow walk. This really blows!

3 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Thanks. I think the default setting is set to weekly? They didn't bring up this option when I called so I suppose it was on weekly. The people who don't sell frequently may have no idea about this setting. I sold something on Friday, payment sent today, now I find out in the notification it's another 3-4 business days for the funds to reach my account. So conceivably it could be 10 days to get paid from date of sale. I didn't anticipate this new payment system to be this much of a slow walk. This really blows!

If you were set on daily, the Friday sale would be transmitted on Monday (email sent by eBay).  For me, it gets to my bank in the early hours of the next day, like 3AM.  It can vary, though.  If purchased today, Tuesday, it would transmit Wed or Thur, get there Thur or Friday.  So it's 2-4 business days in my experience, but again each one can vary.  It all depends on how fast the processing time is, and that can be affected by type of payment, which banking institutions are involved, etc.  The same was happening at PayPal in the past, but PayPal was generous enough to give you the funds immediately and absorb the processing time.  EBay, not so much.

I just switched over today. I think that has been covered, but I can’t find it. Does eBay now include sales tax in the FVF?

My invoice from last month did not reflect this, but my first MP sale today had the FVF taken from the total of the item plus sales tax. 

Yes, it includes sales tax in the calculation.  EBay dropped the FVF by 0.5% to compensate, make the math easier.  If something sells with a sales tax higher than 5%, you pay a bit more.  If it's lower than 5%, you pay a bit less, especially those 0% sales tax transactions.  It's very close to zero effect, using this estimate system.

I tracked it for a few months.  I made like $2 over that period, so certainly not the end of the world.  You will hear a lot of overreaction to this system, but it works fine.  EBay does a LOT of things wrong.  This one is not really an issue.  People just hate change.

Edited by Lightning55