• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping and Insurance Claim Question/Advice
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I want to send in a book to CGC of high value to get re-holder. 

three questions.

1. USPS or UPS for overnight? Does one have better insurance rates?

2. what should be done prior to shipping to prove i am sending a specific comic book in case a claim is required.  I was thinking cell phone pictures with shipping label and comic? something else?

3. What value do i assign to the book? what i paid for it or what the current average its going for on ebay? or something else.

thanks in advance for any advice/info

Edited by NWOslave
accuracy edit

1) I think USPS has better rates. You might have to look into that more depending on what you are sending

2) Picture for sure to verify condition and state before shipment.

3) Fair market value, so yes current average selling/buying price. I say selling/buying since if you were to replace it you would have to use the buying price since that is how much you would need to get a replacement.

Hope that helps.

• Administrator
On 5/8/2020 at 11:24 AM, NWOslave said:

I want to send in a book to CGC of high value to get re-holder. 

three questions.

1. USPS or UPS for overnight? Does one have better insurance rates?

2. what should be done prior to shipping to prove i am sending a specific comic book in case a claim is required.  I was thinking cell phone pictures with shipping label and comic? something else?

3. What value do i assign to the book? what i paid for it or what the current average its going for on ebay? or something else.

thanks in advance for any advice/info

I believe USPS Registered Mail is the only "regular" carrier that will insure collectibles. UPS and FedEx may insure collectibles, but only up to $100 but please double check for accuracy. USPS is a much slower service while UPS/FedEx can deliver overnight so this will be a judgement call based on the book value and your comfort level.