• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhibit A
2 2

48 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

It was the second poster in this thread that started the "backing board" rumor..., scratching the inner well.  Hence my eyerolls early on.  If they were backing boards, they would have been for March of Comics sized comics.

I know, it's crazy to think that with a thumbnail sized pic for reference that I could make such a stupid mistake, right?  meh

And the inner well is probably being scratched..., oh the Humanity!  You got two assumptions into that one, and got this thread off on the right course.  :applause: 

1 minute ago, Sensei Ryan said:

ae14c7c028252f010a3b4fe325ca757b5fd06dc76f2f903fbaf88c15f81913f0.jpg

I hereby demote you from Sensei Ryan to Student Ryan.

27 minutes ago, apollobuzz said:
15 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Sometimes you feel like a nut, and sometimes you don't. It's as simple as that. 

Almond Joy's got nuts...  :baiting:

Mounds don't ^^

On 5/8/2020 at 11:00 AM, Lightning55 said:

My understanding is that the case was designed that way.  It is welded at the corners, but not necessarily on the sides.  You can usually get the sides apart with any type of wedge-shaped item, like a screwdriver flat tip, etc., sometimes even just pulling on it by hand. 

The case is just for general protection and display.  the book is sealed in the insert.  There is nothing wrong with this CGC case.  It is tamper-evident (welded corners), not tamper-proof.  You have to educate the buyer.  And even with that, if they don't buy into that concept, you might have to take it back.  But that's kind of a rare situation.

Interesting.  I bought a case from the other grading company last year, and was disappointed that it opened upon the middle.  Ended up just cracking the book out, since it was just a mid grade restored old romance book.