• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 13 Red Box Rarity

6 posts in this topic

Hello all. I came across one if these from a local shops social media and jumped on it as I couldn't find much information on it , I like rare stuff, and the price was on the low end considering I've seen the black box prices. I've seen a couple threads on this (some even on this forum) but they're on the older end. So I was wondering if anyone had any information on it. Like how many were made? (I saw one place say 1000, one place say 500, another say it was an incentive box so the number depends on the black box) What's different in this box than the black one? And any other information on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. 

20200508_221908.jpg

20200508_221842.jpg

20200508_221755.jpg

20200508_221724.jpg

20200508_221703.jpg

20200508_221646.jpg

Ive opened 5 of these RED boxes and probably close to 100 Black boxes over the years, the biggest difference is the Chromium Edition inside is NOT SIGNED, which actually makes it more desired by CGC collectors as you can grade that one a BLUE LABEL, or in my case, get those signed by artists for a SS label instead of a green. 

4 hours ago, Par2ch said:

Ive opened 5 of these RED boxes and probably close to 100 Black boxes over the years, the biggest difference is the Chromium Edition inside is NOT SIGNED, which actually makes it more desired by CGC collectors as you can grade that one a BLUE LABEL, or in my case, get those signed by artists for a SS label instead of a green. 

Pretty sure that's it. Although, they did say that there were some sketches drawn on a very few of the blank variants and I've always wondered if your chances were better in finding one of those in a red box. Also, I think it was 1,000 especially after seeing the AP is four digits.

Edited by Mayor006