• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Qualified category during grading process

15 posts in this topic

I checked the status of my current submission and see the category come up as qualified.  I'm nervous as to if this means it will now have a green label.  My book was submitted by an artist who signed and sketched the cover. He had the form for artists to fill out and was willing to sign and submit the commission to CGC for the yellow label. Does this category mean a green label is happening?

20200509_001102.jpg

On 5/9/2020 at 12:11 AM, 1amGroot22 said:

I checked the status of my current submission and see the category come up as qualified.  I'm nervous as to if this means it will now have a green label.  My book was submitted by an artist who signed and sketched the cover. He had the form for artists to fill out and was willing to sign and submit the commission to CGC for the yellow label. Does this category mean a green label is happening?

20200509_001102.jpg

Yes, the Qualified category is a green label. There's also a label for Qualified Signature Series books. A phone call to customer service may be a good idea. 

Good luck!  :wishluck:

Thank You.  I emailed a customer service representative,  and also the contact us message area. I appreciate your response. 

Update: It appears to have been corrected  🙂

Edited by 1amGroot22

5 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

Why call when you can waste time posting about it on a forum? :roflmao:

because he needs to increase his internet cool points... duh! lol 

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

Because it was after hours on a Saturday when I noticed.  😆 so funny though,  maybe look at the time posted next time you want to joke. 🤔

8 hours ago, Krismusic said:

because he needs to increase his internet cool points... duh! lol 

giphy.gif

Posting on the internet = cool points, says the guy who has 3250 posts on the internet 😁 wow you're the king of cool points. 

3 hours ago, 1amGroot22 said:

Because it was after hours on a Saturday when I noticed.  😆 so funny though,  maybe look at the time posted next time you want to joke. 🤔

I get it and you have all the right in the world to post. 

I do see too many people that resort to using these forums to ask CGC a question instead of just emailing or calling them directly. That's usually the much faster response. 

It seems they fixed it so hope the book gets back to you with the correct label. 

:foryou:

6 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

I get it and you have all the right in the world to post. 

I do see too many people that resort to using these forums to ask CGC a question instead of just emailing or calling them directly. That's usually the much faster response. 

It seems they fixed it so hope the book gets back to you with the correct label. 

:foryou:

Thanks,  yeah emails were sent as well. As a newbie I was hoping I was wrong and looking for help. I thought that this was the right place for that 😉 🤔 

It definitely appears to be fixed from the mentioned email.

On 5/12/2020 at 4:34 AM, 1amGroot22 said:

Posting on the internet = cool points, says the guy who has 3250 posts on the internet 😁 wow you're the king of cool points. 

why thank you for acknowledging my greatness, i really appreciate it! :) 

On 5/12/2020 at 7:09 AM, 1amGroot22 said:

Thanks,  yeah emails were sent as well. As a newbie I was hoping I was wrong and looking for help. I thought that this was the right place for that 😉 🤔 

It definitely appears to be fixed from the mentioned email.

People are mean

Just get an Avi and post 300 times a day for a year regardless of how much books you buy and you'll be fine!

Welcome to the boards 

On 5/11/2020 at 1:24 PM, Keys_Collector said:

This is one aspect of these forums that I don't care for. Granted, you get a quicker response when you contact CGC directly; it's clear that the OP wasn't aware that you could contact customer service. What I don't understand is why the OP had to be belittled.

At one time, everyone here was a newbie. And I'm sure that we all made mistakes when we first joined. For example, I put up 5-6 PGM posts right after I joined; I was politely told that the daily limit was 3. I thanked the person who informed me of this, and I have never repeated that mistake.

Also, and I consider this to be important, people join these forums for a sense of camaraderie. There are not many people in my area (at least that I am aware of) that are interested in discussing SA comics. I no longer go the my local comic shops, because I no longer buy new comics, and only one in my area carries an assortment of GA and SA. If I went it to one of these stores and asked a typical customer, "Who do you think was the better inker for Carmine Infantino, Murphy Anderson or Joe Giella?", I would most likely get a blank stare or a response such as, "What in the hell are you talking about?". I understand that some young people have little or no interest in SA/GA comics; this is certainly fine with me, as it is not my place to tell others how they should enjoy comic books. I can think of one store in my area that considers back issues to be books that are less than 1 - 2 years old.

I have met two people in my area that collect SA comics, and I met both of them on these forums. I often ask them about an upcoming purchase, because I value their opinion. I have met both of them out in the real world, and we would discuss comics over lunch (this was in the pre-COVID19 days). Also, if I posted a question such as, "I'm thinking of purchasing a copy of XYZ #1 for $250. Is that a good deal?", I would get many well thought out replies. If I asked an inappropriate question, these people would point out my mistake in a respectful manner. Unfortunately, I would get a few snide remarks by people who want to show that they are superior/smarter than me.

I don't know about anyone else, but coming to check out these forums is usually one of the better parts of my day (especially when I am stuck at home due to Shelter-in-Place recommendations). I feel that I know some information about SA comics, but I am certainly no expert. I come here because i enjoy interacting with fellow board members, even if it is digitally. Also, I learn something new almost every day from these forums. For example, I wasn't even aware that there was an Okajima pedigree. I now know how difficult it is to acquire books from this pedigree, along with some of the backstory about the original collector.

This is just my 2¢ on this issue. At a time like this pandemic, I think we can all agree that we could use a little more kindness among people.

@Keys_Collector

, I am not intending to call you out for your post. Maybe you were having a bad day when you posted. I have read and enjoyed many of your posts. Reading this thread with responses just made me think about this.