• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archaic Phrases in Buying and Selling Online from 2000 that are Kind of Meaningless in 2020.
2 2

211 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

The one that I get is "Best cash price".  Followed up by me with "Cash" as in benjamin's or electronic "cash" that costs me fees etc.

I just got cash in the mail for a comic order, which is pretty neat.  Reminds me of birthdays when I was a kid! :cloud9:

9 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

All comics will include a bag and a board!

If I’m on the fence about a purchase, that little extra bonus always pushes me to the side of the sale.  Wow, how generous. 

Also, this probably shouldn’t bother me, but it does for some reason.  I see listings on eBay all the time for books over 10k that charge 10 or 12 bucks for shipping.  Really?  I’m paying 10k for a book and you can’t cover the $12 shipping?  meh

I still get the occasional prospective buyer that tells me that my comic is garbage, poor, one of the worst copies they've ever seen and I should be ashamed that I even have it listed for sale. I get this regardless of actual grade. I just reply, "Then why would you be interested in it?" 

Incidentally, I get messages like this both on the boards and on ebay

Rant on: Okay, something that I see online currently which I think is meaningless, but maybe more of a local thing (sellers in my area), that annoys me. After the item is described they will usually add "Need Gone!". Well no #$%$ Sherlock, I thought you were just posting for your health." Or "I need to sale this", um no, it's not a boat, you need to sell it. Half the time I want to tell them to go "Sale it at a Garage Sell"  Rant off lol

29 minutes ago, ThreeSeas said:

Rant on: Okay, something that I see online currently which I think is meaningless, but maybe more of a local thing (sellers in my area), that annoys me. After the item is described they will usually add "Need Gone!". Well no #$%$ Sherlock, I thought you were just posting for your health." Or "I need to sale this", um no, it's not a boat, you need to sell it. Half the time I want to tell them to go "Sale it at a Garage Sell"  Rant off lol

That would be "I need to sail this". :kidaround: