• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archaic Phrases in Buying and Selling Online from 2000 that are Kind of Meaningless in 2020.
2 2

211 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That's weird. Why would someone make that?

it was a screw up

"Never left printing press facility!  Still there!  Pick up only!"

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

"IN HAND"   ... wow I was worried the comic might be in foot

"If you buy this comic you will actually receive it!!"

7 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Those who bought comics back in January for March preorders are still waiting for their books

"We ask that you please bear with us"
Yarn | We ask that you please bear with us. ~ Seinfeld (1989 ...

5 hours ago, kav said:
12 hours ago, lizards2 said:
13 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
21 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Thanks - I was having trouble understanding that myself.  Now I get it.  The blade has a crescent shape to it.  You need a convex cutting board to make it work.  I better check Amazon for that cutting board....., hm

Ah, but a chef's knife is designed to be rolled, so a crescent shaped knife would be fine, unless you don't know how to use it. Then I guess you're going to see that there's space between the knife and the board everywhere except in one spot

I did not know that.

The problem here is its concave, not convex crescent.

16 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

UNREAD !! (by the seller, could have been read before he got it)

coin dealers often announce rolls as "UNSEARCHED BY US " !!!!! (of course whoever sold them the coins rolls searched them before selling them lol )

Ugghhhh eBay sellers claiming books are unread is the most annoying thing in the world. Thanks for the completely irrelevant, unprovable claims random ebay seller. 

One other thing that doesn't really fit in this thread that drives me crazy are eBay sellers who list the "grab bag" sales. Even if they do actually own the grail that they list is possible to win, with absolutely no accountability or system of checks and balances why would they supposedly randomly box it up for someone to potentially win?? Maybe some people here do those on eBay and could validate them as real, but jaded me says they are all scams :preach: