• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free shipping kit with membership
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Hi I registered for a paid membership for the first time ever earlier this week and noticed that each tier has a free shipping kit included. I chose the $25 one which includes a small kit. 
1)will I qualify for that since I have never had a paid account and 2) how long does it take to arrive 

• Administrator

Good morning.  The free shipping kits will go out automatically to any new member who signed up on or after May 8th.  You don't need to do anything to redeem the offer other than sign up.  Please note, however, that this applies to new members only.  It does not apply if you are upgrading an existing membership.

Thanks!

Jennifer, does that also apply to upgrading from Free to Premium?  I just 'upgraded' yesterday and there was no mention of the shipping kit in my Congratulations/confirmation email.

Edited by JohnnyStrohl

• Administrator

Good morning.  Unfortunately, this special is for brand new members only.  It would not apply if you were an existing member that just upgraded their membership.  

Thanks,

Really almost feel this was a bait and switch.  I had been a free member for years, and the free shipping kit was what pushed me to upgrade.  I thought I would take advantage of the shipping kit to finally send in my own books instead of buying already slabbed on eBay, etc.  The only limitation showing on the disclaimer for "new" members is that they had to be in the USA.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:10 PM, harley_lizzrd said:

Really almost feel this was a bait and switch.  I had been a free member for years, and the free shipping kit was what pushed me to upgrade.  I thought I would take advantage of the shipping kit to finally send in my own books instead of buying already slabbed on eBay, etc.  The only limitation showing on the disclaimer for "new" members is that they had to be in the USA.

this very much. i will be cancelling my upgrade.

• Administrator

Hello, it would depend on when you signed up for membership.  This special just went into effect on May 8th.  If you signed up after that date, please let us know and provide your customer number.

Thanks,

On 5/13/2020 at 9:32 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning.  Unfortunately, this special is for brand new members only.  It would not apply if you were an existing member that just upgraded their membership.  

Thanks,

Not disclosing this to free members who upgrade, but advertising to them seems pretty shady.