• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] CLOSED Rich's 5th annual Tax Man sales thread! CLOSED
11 11

1,117 posts in this topic

Dazzler #1 cgc 9.8 signed Bob Larkin and John romita Jr -$195

The Larkin autograph is potentially tougher than most. Larkin has only done a handful of convention appearances over the last decade or so, and has been notably absent from the scene for at least the last four years. His painted covers on some of these books we're absolutely fantastic. His work in the 70s and 80s was absolutely awe inspiring.

dazzler1B.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Dazzler 21 cgc 9.6 signed Bob Larkin and Danny fingeroth -$70

Larkin is uncredited on this one for the cover. I had a conversation with him where he told me he wanted to try something different so rather do a painting he took some photographs featuring a model and adjusted the lighting to properly represent the character. I remember he told me that in order to capture the glowing hands he had the actress hold hot light bulbs to try to mimic the effect.

IMG_20200619_140447678.jpg

I did this next set of books years ago for a few reasons----LOVED these covers, and also held out hope for Alan Moore.  Once upon a time, I actually DID do a set of these double signed by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.  My friend John Totleben helped set up a mail away for me.  Alan's only restrictions was that anything I sent him had to be creator owned.  No mainstream books.  A few years later I did another set of these with just Gibbons.  I still think they're awesome.

ALBION #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Dave Gibbons - $95

I also have a 9.4 copy available for $65

albion1A.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn