• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink "We Are The ONLY Firm...
3 3

12 posts in this topic

With 20 Years Of Consignment Sales Experience In The Comic Book & Art Market!"  end of quote.

Link is a great seller, one of the best, no doubt. But this statemen appears as the first bullet point on their list of reason why you should consign to ComicLink on many of their sire pages.

Now Sotheby's has been taking comic book consignments since at least 1993, and still does. There are also upper echelon sellers, like Metropolis, who have accepted consignments for more than 20 years, still operating today.

Odd to me that a seller as responsible as ComicLink would make a statement that does not seem at all accurate to me. What am I missing? Anything? Is my time line and addition wrong? Ae they the only comic consignors with 20 years of experience?

Edited by James J Johnson

8 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

With 20 Years Of Consignment Sales Experience In The Comic Book & Art Market!"  end of quote.

Link is a great seller, one of the best, no doubt. But this statemen appears as the first bullet point on their list of reason why you should consign to ComicLink on many of their sire pages.

Now Sotheby's has been taking comic book consignments since at least 1993, and still does. There are also upper echelon sellers, like Metropolis, who have accepted consignments for more than 20 years, still operating today.

Odd to me that a seller as responsible as ComicLink would make a statement that does not seem at all accurate to me. What am I missing? Anything? Is my time line and addition wrong? Ae they the only comic consignors with 20 years of experience?

I've been accepting comics for consignment sales since 1997.

6 hours ago, Lest 2 Art said:

You're missing 20 years of Josh being a sketchy sob whose moral compass is NOT wound too tight.

How so?

On 5/9/2020 at 3:59 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I've been accepting comics for consignment sales since 1997.

Heck I distinctly remember hearing my first wife coming back from the mailbox in 2003 saying “you got another Donut check”. 

I’ve consigned stuff through several different folks over the years when their customer base was a better fit than mine. I’ll send some stuff to MCS, some to CLink, some to a buddy that sells rare Funko Pops, some to a guy who sells vintage statues. But nobody can move random $15-20 comics like Donut.