• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone tell me where this McFarlane Spidey art first appeared?
4 4

34 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

A couple of other not so well known McSpidey covers from the copper era

560643791_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.d733814cf252c576a012bb9059677f5e.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.5d69e83cad96027cd1c7250dccce49f1.jpg

Anybody have any idea why the Kingpin is naked on that cover? My Spidey Sense would be tingling as well if a 600 lb crime boss was about to sexually assault me. 

49 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Anybody have any idea why the Kingpin is naked on that cover? My Spidey Sense would be tingling as well if a 600 lb crime boss was about to sexually assault me. 

He shouldn't be naked, since there are short sleeves on his upper biceps.

35 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Really? I thought that was just fat rolls. I'm used to seeing the Kingpin wearing a suit, not a yucky flesh-colored skin tight T-shirt

3 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:
39 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Really? I thought that was just fat rolls. I'm used to seeing the Kingpin wearing a suit, not a yucky flesh-colored skin tight T-shirt

I guess those lines could be the edge of the forearms, not sleeves... but the horizontal curve matches well with a t-shirt.  "Flesh-colored" is probably not the original artist's choice... it's the colorist.

He also did some great covers for Marvel Tales in the early #200s.

He did a lot of covers with Spidey and the X-Men, but this is one of my favorite covers he did across all his Spidey art.

CBB5DD55-E2D4-426E-B91A-75A547F327A3.jpeg

Edited by XxSpideyxX

On 5/21/2020 at 10:41 AM, Dave2739 said:

This question bothered me so much that I tracked down a copy!  Lol 

Turns out this magazine reprinted various popular comic strips, including Stan’s Lee Spider-Man newspaper strip.

The story here basically follows Spider-Man as he must face a seemingly unstoppable robot controlled by the Kingpin.  Weirdly enough, the Kingpin barely appears BUT there is ONE shot of him being massaged and wearing only a robe.  

So perhaps he is naked after all?!?!?!!

AECB995F-DD95-4B2E-9B69-E23F9AB19082.jpeg

760FB749-3765-4656-A134-897459746B15.jpeg