Can someone tell me where this McFarlane Spidey art first appeared?
4 4

34 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

A couple of other not so well known McSpidey covers from the copper era

560643791_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.d733814cf252c576a012bb9059677f5e.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.5d69e83cad96027cd1c7250dccce49f1.jpg

Anybody have any idea why the Kingpin is naked on that cover? My Spidey Sense would be tingling as well if a 600 lb crime boss was about to sexually assault me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Anybody have any idea why the Kingpin is naked on that cover? My Spidey Sense would be tingling as well if a 600 lb crime boss was about to sexually assault me. 

He shouldn't be naked, since there are short sleeves on his upper biceps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, valiantman said:

He shouldn't be naked, since there are short sleeves on his upper biceps.

Really? I thought that was just fat rolls. I'm used to seeing the Kingpin wearing a suit, not a yucky flesh-colored skin tight T-shirt

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:
39 minutes ago, valiantman said:

He shouldn't be naked, since there are short sleeves on his upper biceps.

Really? I thought that was just fat rolls. I'm used to seeing the Kingpin wearing a suit, not a yucky flesh-colored skin tight T-shirt

I guess those lines could be the edge of the forearms, not sleeves... but the horizontal curve matches well with a t-shirt.  "Flesh-colored" is probably not the original artist's choice... it's the colorist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He also did some great covers for Marvel Tales in the early #200s.

He did a lot of covers with Spidey and the X-Men, but this is one of my favorite covers he did across all his Spidey art.

CBB5DD55-E2D4-426E-B91A-75A547F327A3.jpeg

Edited by XxSpideyxX
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 10:41 AM, Dave2739 said:

Anybody have any idea why the Kingpin is naked on that cover? My Spidey Sense would be tingling as well if a 600 lb crime boss was about to sexually assault me. 

This question bothered me so much that I tracked down a copy!  Lol 

Turns out this magazine reprinted various popular comic strips, including Stan’s Lee Spider-Man newspaper strip.

The story here basically follows Spider-Man as he must face a seemingly unstoppable robot controlled by the Kingpin.  Weirdly enough, the Kingpin barely appears BUT there is ONE shot of him being massaged and wearing only a robe.  
 

So perhaps he is naked after all?!?!?!!

 

AECB995F-DD95-4B2E-9B69-E23F9AB19082.jpeg

760FB749-3765-4656-A134-897459746B15.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4