• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creatures of the Id page 4 w/3 signatures
1 1

10 posts in this topic

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=224006101333&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Sorry, if wrong thread. Selling OA on eBay. Not sure how to price it. Page 4 of Creatures of the Id. Creatures of the Id along with other early Michael Allred comics are jumping in value. This I got signed by the main three that worked on the book: Michael Allred, Jeffrey Lang, and Bernie E. Mireault. Not sure of value, hoping my opening bid is more than fair. Any thoughts? Don't know about any listings of OA regarding this book or values. Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your input! I appreciate it greatly. Will see if I get any bids, not being a Frank Einstein story page I figured would affect it's value. Getting the 3 signatures on it wasn't easy though. Possibly a bit too high for this page, live and learn.

5 hours ago, vodou said:

A nice to have, this, but neither adds nor subtracts notably from what a buyer will pay. That's just not what art is about.

Yup, signatures are nice to have but doesn't impact art value.  If the artist is really hard to get (e.g. Todd McFarlane) the art is already worth a lot so the signature doesn't impact the value much.

Malvin

Yeah, obviously not very learned on OA and the selling of it. Thank you again for your input and advice. After this auction and it gets relisted(if no one bids on it) then I will drop the price on it.

For those who have asked, I do have another OA from Creatures of the Id, but it is similar in that from same story and no words said on the page.

Another OA subject?

What about a key page from an obscure book with fantastic detail and 'historical significance'?

Hint Frankenstein. Price range thoughts?

4 hours ago, s8zaphod said:

Another OA subject?

What about a key page from an obscure book with fantastic detail and 'historical significance'?

Hint Frankenstein. Price range thoughts?

It's too vague to give any advice/estimates.  

At the end of the day OA valuation is primarily about nostalgia (artistry can play a part too).  So it's how many people read it, loved it and would want the original.  The "obscure" and the "historical significance" part counteract each other.  I always want to say "obscure" counteracts the "historical significance".  If it is an obscure character like "Pajama Man", would people really care if it's his historically significant origin story?

Malvin

Obscure in that it is an original page of art from the comic book adaptation of Edison's 1910 Frankenstein. Historical, because of subject matter, and key due to it being the first full page complete depiction of the Monster. Probably most sought after page out of the book.