• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No matter where you’re from- we all have ONE common enemy!!
1 1

53 posts in this topic

I hope everyone realizes that there's a tape fairy that hates comics and the people who collect them. The tape fairy pops in unexpectedly and tapes your comic bags closed, whether you did or not. As if things weren't bad enough already, now there's something else besides Covid-19 for us to worry about! Here's a rare pic of the tape fairy caught in the act by security cam. Stranger still, the tape fairy appears to have a halo!

tapefairy.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

Tapepull would be a good super villain-he rips off swatches of flesh with his tape pulling powers.  He was cut by a radiactive tape dispenser blade.

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

I hope everyone realizes that there's a tape fairy that hates comics and the people who collect them. The tape fairy pops in unexpectedly and tapes your comic bags closed, whether you did or not. As if things weren't bad enough already, now there's something else besides Covid-19 for us to worry about! Here's a rare pic of the tape fairy caught in the act by security cam. Stranger still, the tape fairy appears to have a halo!

tapefairy.jpg

Exactly... She exists Ive seen her!!

We need something similar to the lego/foot meme to exist

432a2eb2a40d92aaabf78d7b4e707004.jpg

Magic tape works ok for standard poly bags but for some reason mylites and magic tape are a terrible combo at least in my hands. I made the switch to Scotch Gift Wrap Tape and that doesn't tear much at all when trying to remove it.. but it can be a little too strong on some cheap polys. Be sure to use a new piece each time you open the bag too.

I guess on that note, I always try to remove the tape completely before removing the book. Just burn through some tape but it's pretty cheap considering the possible damage of not removing. 

Edited by Rhymenoceros

I laugh at the fact that as soon as I saw the title of the thread, I knew what it was going to show.

I like the idea of leaving minimal tape overhanging. Ditto for painter's tape. I just remove and place on a picture frame near my comic shelves. I have yet to be in so much of a rush that that is impossible to do.  

11 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I remove the tape from the bag before taking out the comic.  I would rather do damage to the bag instead of the book.   With my luck, it's not a risk I am willing to take.  

Exactly.  It’s surprising how many people don’t do this.  I’ve seen dealers at shows snag their own books trying to be hot shots and pull the book out of the bag fast.

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

What book has been hurt here? 

It was a bronze Superman book that I was ready to ship. I placed the comic on a pile of bags unsuspectingly. Sure enough, one of the bags flap was wide open. When I lifted the comic... shhhhhffffttt the rip occurred :cry:

8 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Magic tape works ok for standard poly bags but for some reason mylites and magic tape are a terrible combo at least in my hands. I made the switch to Scotch Gift Wrap Tape and that doesn't tear much at all when trying to remove it.. but it can be a little too strong on some cheap polys. Be sure to use a new piece each time you open the bag too.

I guess on that note, I always try to remove the tape completely before removing the book. Just burn through some tape but it's pretty cheap considering the possible damage of not removing. 

Are you sure you don't have that backwards? My experience is the exact opposite, though I use only Gerber bags.