• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No matter where you’re from- we all have ONE common enemy!!
1 1

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Welcome to the first meeting, my friend...  :foryou:

It's been several years since my last tape pull, but I can still feel it, etched into my memory.

16 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Something like that would help.  hm

Observing a comic cover violated by even a small tear; the terror on seeing that horrible, horrible, matt-white blemish appearing, surrounded by still-pristine, coloured gloss, no going back now, a pamphlet scarred forever, the helplessness, nothing you can do ... well, it's a traumatic experience, burned into memory for life.

Understandably, nightmares ensue, self-recrimination, necessitating a search for a comicbook-related PTSD support group to help you through those repetitive, obsessive-compulsive, excruciating thoughts.

Dewd!! Thats not a TA (Tapepull Anonymous) meeting intro.. Thats a straight up Frank Miller epic storyline just waiting to be adapted to film!! 

I've ruined one comic so far, but it was with a resealable bag. I don't personally use them; this one came in the bag when I bought it. It was a $20 book that became a  worthless book, so it wasn't a huge monetary loss but was a massive blow to my mood. The memory is seared in my brain and I fear the tape, but still play with fire by continuing to use it...

This has been the bane to comic collectors for 40 years.  It's come up a bunch over the years.  I actually went tapeless and just folded the flaps of Mylite 2s with no sealing for over 8 years until almost 12 years ago when several sage and wise board members recommended these:

https://www.amazon.com/Post-Standard-Flags-Dispenser-680-BE2/dp/B00006JNO8/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&keywords=3M+post+it+flags&qid=1589480734&sr=8-27

3M post it flags never stick to comics but work brilliantly with mylites (and all other bags I've tried).  Truly, a godsend for me as I've had them catch on books and they come right off, clean as a whistle. No more tears.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

This has been the bane to comic collectors for 40 years.  It's come up a bunch over the years.  I actually went tapeless and just folded the flaps of Mylite 2s with no sealing for over 8 years until almost 12 years ago when several sage and wise board members recommended these:

https://www.amazon.com/Post-Standard-Flags-Dispenser-680-BE2/dp/B00006JNO8/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&keywords=3M+post+it+flags&qid=1589480734&sr=8-27

3M post it flags never stick to comics but work brilliantly with mylites (and all other bags I've tried).  Truly, a godsend for me as I've had them catch on books and they come right off, clean as a whistle. No more tears.  (thumbsu

I have used 1000s of these - truly a great product.  I don't know why these goofballs still use tape.  Beyond the tape pulls, scotch tape is a biotch to get off of mylars.  I had two books come in today with older tape that splits and shreds and leaves sticky residue all over the mylar.

91QJwatQqSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I have used 1000s of these - truly a great product.  I don't know why these goofballs still use tape.  Beyond the tape pulls, scotch tape is a biotch to get off of mylars.  I had two books come in today with older tape that splits and shreds and leaves sticky residue all over the mylar.

91QJwatQqSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I will try these.

Thanks guys

7 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

wow that is awful. I always have liked that book. Not as bad as the bug chew Det 31....

The price was right.I needed a place holder and a fin suited me just fine!And I've had at least that value in shocking people with the picture over the years lol So happy I'm not to blame for it-I wonder how long it's been there?

8 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

The price was right.I needed a place holder and a fin suited me just fine!And I've had at least that value in shocking people with the picture over the years lol So happy I'm not to blame for it-I wonder how long it's been there?

well as I don't own a copy I shall admire yours. :)

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

well as I don't own a copy I shall admire yours. :)

Admire lol I wondered-if this tear happened in say,the seventies or late sixties,would the comic have survived?Then I remembered it wasn't that long between the original book and the reprint in Fantasy Masterpieces.What,five years?So I guess he was loved and deemed keeping early on.Good ol FFF. :luhv: