• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Podcasters, YouTubers?

6 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, romanheart said:

I know some of you have or had broadcast comic videos on your channels.

What equipment do you use?

- camera
- micropohone
- audio interface
- editing software

You will probably get 20 different answers. 5 to 10 years ago it would be sony Vegas or a few used windows movie maker. Snowball microphone. Now everyone has a phone that has better quality than cameras that cost hundreds of dollars ten years ago. 4k HD is easily available, just pick a camera on Amazon with good reviews. Read reviews on software, hundreds of free ones all do the same thing. 

9 hours ago, romanheart said:

I know some of you have or had broadcast comic videos on your channels.

What equipment do you use?

- camera
- micropohone
- audio interface
- editing software

depends on the content of your videos but a camera is the most important ... a lot of cameras have some sort of microphone built in.. a microphone is good if your videos are voice heavy .. if you're just showing off hauls then only a camera and maybe iMovie is needed

Between the Keyframes here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuyXFGIwmx0pOSpZa_Kq-Vw

My equipment:

Canon 80D. 35mm IS f2 lens. 24-105mm f4 lens. iPhone XS. Padcaster Parrot teleprompter. Purple Panda wired lav microphone (plugged into camera). Shure VP83f shotgun microphone. 3x Sandisk SDXC 64GB cards. 3 batteries. Amazon Basics tripod. Manfroto monopod. Amazon Basics backpack. 2 LED light panels. Amazon Basics aluminum light stands. ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 with Premiere Pro, Photoshop and After Effects.

I would consider my setup as basic and barebones for a High Definition production. For 4k, you'll need different stuff.

Edited by justin