• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artt Day - Robert McGinnis!

11 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, The Voord said:
New in today . . . THOSE LIPS, THOSE EYES (1980) by Robert McGinnis.

Last time I posted a movie poster painting art day I got myself two successive warnings (and a few months period of being unable to log into my account) for posting a painting that was widely seen around 1963 movie theatres by people of all ages.

As there's a fair bit of female flesh on display in my new McGinnis painting, I'm taking no chances by posting an image here - as god knows what kind outrage or upset it might cause?

Here's a link:

Cool. I would like a McGinnis painting one day. That one on Heritage recently was tempting.

Out of curiosity, what poster got the warning? I didn't see anything bad in your gallery.

2 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Cool. I would like a McGinnis painting one day. That one on Heritage recently was tempting.

Out of curiosity, what poster got the warning? I didn't see anything bad in your gallery.

THE VICTORS, 1963.  The original thread got deleted and I got a warning, so I did a follow-up censored' thread and that also got deleted and I got a second warning.  The painting, by Renato Fratini, was plastered over UK cinema front-of-house displays at time of release and was in plain view of people of all ages.  The image is suggestive (I don't think deliberately so) and open to misinterpretation, but in no way explicit.  Not sure if it was something a moderator picked up on, or was pointed towards.  Either way, I can live with the deleted threads and warnings, even if I think they were unnecessary and heavy-handed.

Edited by The Voord

4 hours ago, The Voord said:

by Renato Fratini

Terry: Italians are not allowed on this board and cannot be mentioned by name or geographic location.

It's regrettable, but we all must adjust to The New Reality.

"Peoples and Animals of Greater Europe" is allowed.

Banned. Again.

;)

Edited by vodou
typo

8 hours ago, The Voord said:

THE VICTORS, 1963.  The original thread got deleted and I got a warning, so I did a follow-up censored' thread and that also got deleted and I got a second warning.  The painting, by Renato Fratini, was plastered over UK cinema front-of-house displays at time of release and was in plain view of people of all ages.  The image is suggestive (I don't think deliberately so) and open to misinterpretation, but in no way explicit.  Not sure if it was something a moderator picked up on, or was pointed towards.  Either way, I can live with the deleted threads and warnings, even if I think they were unnecessary and heavy-handed.

Just looked at that and was shocked that it got pulled.  I get the suggestiveness of it but, wow.

BTW, beautiful piece by McGinnis!  (thumbsu

32 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Just looked at that and was shocked that it got pulled.  I get the suggestiveness of it but, wow.

BTW, beautiful piece by McGinnis!  (thumbsu

Thanks.

I thought it was really pathetic and smacked of power politics being played out on a small scale.  Or maybe that time of the month . . . (shrug)

Edited by The Voord

6 hours ago, The Voord said:

Thanks.

I thought it was really pathetic and smacked of power politics being played out on a small scale.  Or maybe that time of the month . . . (shrug)

From the look on the soldier’s face, he wasn’t too thrilled with the effort. 

On 5/14/2020 at 4:46 AM, The Voord said:

That's funny. I didn't even notice when checking your gallery.