• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic filing
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I’ve been needing to get a filing cabinet, but wasn’t able to afford one. 
Well my sister had one she needed to get rid of so I jumped at the chance. After placing a couple “test” comics in, k realized I was going to have issues. It’s  a 18 x 14.25 x 27.32 inches. Which I believe is the cabinet itself considering it won’t fit two comics side by side. Any suggestions on making “walls” of sort for a single row of comics? 

EDB797BB-E1A7-4C34-80C1-924BAC73379D.png

You could just put an empty comic box (magazine size for slabs) in the drawer first, and then fill it.  The box sides are the walls.  If the box is too long, you could do some creative cutting and taping to make it the right size.  It no longer has to be super sturdy, since the weight is being held by the drawer itself.

If you can't get the box in because the drawer does not open fully, you can usually remove each drawer, put the box in, replace the drawer.  If you don't like the cardboard "look" as you view the comics, you could trim the box down to half height or so.   That way it is less conspicuous.

1 hour ago, Lightning55 said:

You could just put an empty comic box (magazine size for slabs) in the drawer first, and then fill it.  The box sides are the walls.  If the box is too long, you could do some creative cutting and taping to make it the right size.  It no longer has to be super sturdy, since the weight is being held by the drawer itself.

If you can't get the box in because the drawer does not open fully, you can usually remove each drawer, put the box in, replace the drawer.  If you don't like the cardboard "look" as you view the comics, you could trim the box down to half height or so.   That way it is less conspicuous.

Well I was considering the idea of using poster board to make a customized boxed in area that could also be adjusted with little slits made into the board but was unsure if it wasn’t a good idea because it isn’t acid free