• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temerson/Holyoke Publishing (Cat-Man Comics, Captain Aero Comics, Suspense Comics, etc.)
1 1

39 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

How does Continental fit in? These Cat-Men from '42 and '43 both say Continental. I've seen other issues for sale with Et-Es-Go listed as the publisher.

0308151656081.jpg0112181758061.jpg

It seems that there’s enough of a direct connection for it to be grouped in with Temerson:

“What emerges from that gap in mid-1943 is Temerson's later company, initially called Et-Es-Go Magazines, Inc. (after his sisters Etta, Esther and Goldie) but soon renamed Continental Magazines, Inc.” - https://www.comics.org/publisher/129/

On 5/13/2020 at 4:52 PM, bounty_coder said:

Ah interesting!...CGC always has denoted it as Holyoke.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:43 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, I just checked the price guide and it looks like Overstreet have the publishers listed as "Holyoke Publ. Co. / Narrative Publ." which means to me it's probably issue dependent.  (shrug)

I also checked the Grand Comics Database and it looks like they Narrative Publishers listed for Power Comics #1, #2, & #4 and only a "?" for Power Comics #3.  hm

In any case, I made a thread for distinct and small comic book publishers, including Narrative’s Power Comics, for the sake of organization. Feel free to post any other appropriate comics on there:

Some of Jack Alderman’s splash pages he drew for Temerson. I definitely feel he put in as much effort as he could for these, giving me the impression as if they were movie posters.

54ZRWjJ.jpg

NllZWTQ.jpg

OzzVlmp.jpg

W0Gzbsp.jpg

Sources:
Captain Aero Comics #11 (September, 1943)
Suspense Comics #2 (February, 1944)
Cat-Man Comics #23 (March, 1944)
Suspense Comics #3 (April, 1944)

Edited by Electricmastro