• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Closed)
2 2

138 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Marvel Super-heroes #13 – First appearance of Carol Danvers.

G/VG, structurally sound with an accumulation of cover wear. 

$70

49944076.d5137532.1024.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

49944084.499b4a1f.1024.jpg

23 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Strange Tales #138 – First appearance the enigmatic Eternity!

G/VG with abrasion between ‘R’ and ‘A’ in “Strange” and multiple cover creases.

$20

49944182.9b1fb1c4.1024.jpg

Take

Four Color #236 – Zane Grey’s Heritage of the Desert. Grey-tone before grey-tones were cool.

VG, nice presenting copy with general wear to the edges. $10  Now $8

49944052.fbe0b57a.1024.jpg

Edited by PopKulture
Price change

As I'm up here in Canuckleheadland I can't claim anything but I just have to say it's so nice to see some Gold Key goodness! :cloud9: Fab Olson cover choices,but the moustache on Robot Fighters enemy is going to put a spring in my step for the rest of the day lol 

8 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

As I'm up here in Canuckleheadland I can't claim anything but I just have to say it's so nice to see some Gold Key goodness! :cloud9: Fab Olson cover choices,but the moustache on Robot Fighters enemy is going to put a spring in my step for the rest of the day lol 

Thanks - no doubt that is quite the handlebar! And funny you should comment on that as I was just about to list a few more Magnus books.  :nyah:

Magnus Robot Fighter #3 – Early issue of seminal Gold Key series. Amazing painted cover!!

Fine condition, with lower corner wear.  $21   NOW $18

49944402.46600b7f.1024.jpg

Edited by PopKulture
Discount

Magnus Robot Fighter #4 – Another early issue of this terrific Gold Key series. Awesome underwater cover!

VG- condition, with small piece missing bottom front cover, and some bindery dents top edge of book.  SOLD via PM!

Spoiler

49944404.28db9fde.1024.jpg&key=87ffdde90

Edited by PopKulture

21 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Thanks - no doubt that is quite the handlebar! And funny you should comment on that as I was just about to list a few more Magnus books.  :nyah:

As I've mentioned time and time before,GK and Charltons were my first comic loves.Tragg forever!

Best wishes for the sales,may they be brisk as the gnarly Canadian wind I'm um,enjoying! :foryou:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, first sale? Good luck buddy!

GA???

Thanks! Well, second sale really; the first featured some lower-grade Atlas war books, readers mostly. I may re-post them. Once something is scanned and I've made the (tough) decision to let something go, I want it gone! (But not as much as my wife...)  :roflmao:

56 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

As I've mentioned time and time before,GK and Charltons were my first comic loves.Tragg forever!

Best wishes for the sales,may they be brisk as the gnarly Canadian wind I'm um,enjoying! :foryou:

Thanks! I skipped over the Gold Keys as a kid in favor of Marvels, but I discovered them shortly thereafter. Tragg, however, I'm sorely lacking in, both in collection as well as having read them. Korak and some others I need to probably need to re-read, but I do take them out on occasion and marvel at the covers. :luhv:

Brave and Bold #63 - one of the cooler team-ups before Batman team-ups came to dominate (just like those rare later non-Spidey team-ups in MTU).

VG-, with some writing on cover and general wear, much along the spine. SOLD!! 

Spoiler

49944380.55b7df10.1024.jpg&key=fec763a42

Edited by PopKulture
sold

27 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Thanks! I skipped over the Gold Keys as a kid in favor of Marvels, but I discovered them shortly thereafter. Tragg, however, I'm sorely lacking in, both in collection as well as having read them. Korak and some others I need to probably need to re-read, but I do take them out on occasion and marvel at the covers. :luhv:

I don't want to clog up your thread(COOL B&B,on my radar now!) but you seem open to chatting a bit :foryou:. GK and Charltons were not by choice per say-Marvels were scarce to find at yard sales(where 98% of my comics came from as a kid,no money for new issues really) and true story!If there were Marvel or DC hero books they always were pricier,even on a front lawn ,early eighties around here.Dr Solar and Magnus,Turok was about as hero as it got so it was a lot of painted covers and Ditko-ish 'ghostly' books for this kid.I could have fared worse.Well,not much worse than say,Korg lol but a young love for Karloff,Ripleys and horror has carried me far :cloud9: and I can still buy nostalgic stuff older than me for a song!